DT466C parts

lkflddiesel

Hey all, new here, ive got a 245hp DT466C out of an 88 S1900 that im building for a project of mine. Theres quite a bit of work to be done, but im going to need to source some parts first.

Im planning to build it to 400-500 hp, with a built p7100 which i have yet to rob off a parts truck, im going to need some bigger injectors to allow all the fuel that p pumps pushing through.

Does anyone have any good contacts for 466 4x16 pencils? or something along the lines of 4x16s? i have been searching for a little while but google wont bring up anything other than heui junk no matter what i enter into that dang ol search bar.

And im looking for some suggestions for a turbo, i was thinking originally a compound setup with a smaller turbo pushing one of my rebuilt detroit 60 series turbos, but im probably not going to have enough room under the hood for a couple turbos let alone one, or the need to have a compound setup

Let me know what you think, ill be at this project for a while as im still trying to finish my 4 other projects in my shop

Hypermaxx is big in the pulling game, there's a local shop to me that probably has the info you're after, he and his brother pull light pro stock IH tractors, power parts engineering. Probably a lot of other pulling centric shops could help you out. Maybe Smokem on here does them too? His Cummins stuff is supposed to be top notch.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks pipes, I got in contact with Carson Stauffer, says he has all that Ill need, next big thing is price, and whenever I get the rest of my junk fixed, I’ll probably end up shopping around when I get to it, which I’d hope is within the year. I’ll get in touch with hypermax, though it looks like they’re further into the power stroke side of things

Back