Trans slipping only when turning?????

is the trans cooler in the bed considerably higher than the trans?

you might have air trapped in the cooler

Ive bled the cooler a time or two just to make sure its all good.

That shouldn't cause slipping though since it's after the trans and before the pan. That would just limit cooling efficiency.

So far so good, but time will tell, but it does run better....... big question is, where am I losing it HAHAHA!!!! Doesnt drip and havent noticed any fluid on the trans..... But i do feel like a dummy for not checking that first! Guess thats what I get for have all manuals in all my trucks before this

Drive it until hot, bring it home, put it on stands. Drop the cover off the bell if it's still there. Put it in drive.

Cooling system should have vomited pepto by now if that was the way out.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Drive it until hot, bring it home, put it on stands. Drop the cover off the bell if it's still there. Put it in drive.

Cooling system should have vomited pepto by now if that was the way out.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

It seeps a bit from where the cover should be, but maybe a drop or two a week.

Do you have the heat exchanger on it? Does the coolant color look right?

No Heat exchanger, it came stock with an NV.

Are you sure it was ever full? And when you bled the cooler did you add fluid for any fluid that was lost during bleeding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was full and over the full line on the stick, bleed the system and it only leaked a little.... not really enough to replace. Checked it a week or so later and it was still fine, so havent looked in a while. Guess I need to start too!

it was full and over the full line on the stick, bleed the system and it only leaked a little.... not really enough to replace. Checked it a week or so later and it was still fine, so havent looked in a while. Guess I need to start too!

What I meant was when you originally filled it or checked it did you do it with the truck running? Or was it at the full mark or over full when you were checking it without the engine running?

What I meant was when you originally filled it or checked it did you do it with the truck running? Or was it at the full mark or over full when you were checking it without the engine running?

I checked it with it not running.

But looks like I spoke too soon..... Walked out of work to find this. Havent even had a drop left behind, but seems the output seal decided to let go randomly.

poo_zps1aa9zxwg.jpg

Ok. Well it would show overfull with the engine off. As stated previously, always check with engine idling on level ground.

Kind of on topic. How do you guys fill a dry trans? I usually fill until it leaks out, then start it, put it through all gears, then fill in neutral running until it is where it should be.

It has always worked, but I'm not sure if there's a better way. Figured it was worth throwing it out there.

Kind of on topic. How do you guys fill a dry trans? I usually fill until it leaks out, then start it, put it through all gears, then fill in neutral running until it is where it should be.

It has always worked, but I'm not sure if there's a better way. Figured it was worth throwing it out there.

LOLLOLLOL Till it leaks out! LOLLOL

I checked it with it not running.

But looks like I spoke too soon..... Walked out of work to find this. Havent even had a drop left behind, but seems the output seal decided to let go randomly.

poo_zps1aa9zxwg.jpg

Damn now that's a leak! I wonder if your bed mounted cooler is gravity draining back and totally filling the tranny I have mine mounted under the bed.

SANY0002.jpg

SANY0004.jpg

Damn now that's a leak! I wonder if your bed mounted cooler is gravity draining back and totally filling the tranny I have mine mounted under the bed.

SANY0002.jpg

SANY0004.jpg

Mines in the bed of my 12v and haven't had one issue with it draining back or over filling my trans.

If the fluid is up to level and still doing it I would make sure the trans filter is up where its suppose to be. Seen similar symptoms with a f150 and the filter had feel down causing it to suck air. I believe these filters have 2 or 3 bolts that hold them but I guess they could fall out.

next time try 8 qts then start for 10 seconds put in 5 more run it thru the gears quick check top off while running. then I go for a good run around the block and recheck on level ground. Good to go!

I thought the stock system held 18 quarts (before extra coolers and line).
I usually buy a 5 gallon bucket and use most of it.

I'll give this way a try next time though. So far I haven't needed to get at the VB all summer! Hopefully it keeps up! ha ha

Back