New tool box

HightechRedneck

Was wondering if any guys are working out of any matco 4s tool boxes? I just picked one up for what I think a really good deal and was wondering if there is anyone else working with one everyday.

Thanks

And a pic of mine
f21971dc.jpg

I'd guess 20-25k

I've got a KRL7023 3bank bottom that cost me 9500. The top chest for it is another 7800.

Good lord that's a **** load of cash for just a tool box!! I could buy a couple more junker 12v's that run and drive with that much dough.

I've been eyeballing the 56'' 4S from matco on craigslist. They seem to be more bang for the buck vs. snapon.

I'm picking up the 72in long Matco 4s for $2500 tomorrow. Traded my dads 90th edition Harley davidson snapon box plus 1k cash. His box is 30in wide and 5ft tall. Bought it new for 1200 off the white truck. But I needed something larger to work out of with the new career being I'm getting out of college next week and have a job lined up.

From what I heard the Matco's are def a great box for the price.

I'll stick with the cheap ones with the smooth rolling drawers from menards and places like that LOL 15k would get 100 times the storage space.

You get what you pay for though. Craiglist is full of toolboxes hell its where I found mine that I'm getting today.

This is what I'm trading
682c9701.jpg

Yeah, if you have the cash, these boxes go for nothing on craigslist. Kid I worked with picked up the same box I have for $2500.

thats a great box. i like just having a bottom box, but im a midjet and cannot reach a top box.LOL. mine is a snappy but it works just for home!

2012-04-29_07-44-54_279.jpg

Even 2500 is ridiculous. I use Snap on boxes all day at the shop, and after using some of the new ones for cheap at lowes, menards, and the like, snap on just doesn't impress me anymore. Pretty much the exact same things.

I'm sorry, I'm not here to **** on anyones thread or insult anyone, if you have the cash, then go for it. But I'd rather spend that money on go fast parts, and let my tools sit on a bench LOL

I spent 2500 on the box I got at work and just added free stuff that I got at work like a buyers box for a side cabinet and a drawer cabinet to hold my misc parts and fabrication stuff. It was a 6000 box when I got it, the guy quit paying on it when he went into a service truck and I got it for what he owed on it.

Yep empty. Expensive game. And the cheap boxes don't compare. Especially over time. Heavy drawers will sag. Slides and bearing fail etc. I can pull my packed top socket drawer all the way out, then sit on it and push it in and out with a pinky. Home and shade tree mechanic work only requires cheaper boxes. When you are in and out everyday as a profession you need the good stuff. $.02

Back