New tool box

I like that one! How's the quality?

I've had it for 2 years and it's been great! All roller barrings are smooth, the more you load em up, the better they slide. I saved a pile of money so i blew a ton on tools for it and a new dynasty DX 200.

I looked at other boxes, but there was no way i was going to drop 4+grand on a box when this one works like the cats ass.

For the 1k cash and trading a smaller box I couldn't sell I think I did awesome. The box is definately big and I still have room to grow on to it too. I love my snapon tools and right now I'm looking to just add here and there till I start a good job and can afford filling it up as it sits.

I will work out of it everyday and it's one thing I won't go cheap on why spend 20k on tools with a cheap box you have to fight everyday to use. I have tried out a lot of different cheaper boxes and I can't ever go back from a good box. You have to try one before ya yell.

The box is currently in my garage. It's sharp in person.

My thing about boxes is detents on the slide. I have had a few krl boxes and just prefer the lock and roll to the detents on the matco boxes. Just feels better to me. Don't know if the matco slides have changed in the last 5 years but that is what it was at the time.

Mine has adjustable detent pressures on it. I guess that's a preference. I work out of a Snapon all day at school and don't like the slide lock design. It's a pain at times. With this box you can adjust the catch once closed to open. I just adjusted it and really like this style.

I have the largest Mac Macsimizer. Its a great box but its not deep enough and now that I've accumulated quite a few tools the drawer configuration really sucks. The drawers have detents which I like better than slide locks but then again I never move it so it doesn't matter. I was recently looking at a snapon MR BIG but 23k minus 10k on trade still leaves me with a huge chunk of change out of pocket. MR BIG has a lift latch design similar to cornwell.

Last edited:
While I understand that y'all do this for a living, I can not see spending that kind of money on a box. I say this as I have $1,000 wrapped up in my box, bought it on sale, normally $2500, and $25,000 in tools in it. If I were to buy the same stuff from the Mac or Snap-On guy I would have 100k easily in tools. I do not make a living from my tools, they usually get used a few times a month, more during pulling season though. That sure is a nice box though.

Your not making money if your fixing your box. Good tools have warranties where a truck comes to your shop weekly. It really is a must. I run S&K ,snap on and some GP. All have a no questions asked warranty as of right except s&k

Not on a regular bases. Few guys at work have them and love em. I've got a chance to get a feel for the epic's. Very comfortable box.

I have a matco 4s I bought 3 years ago and used it only for a year in the shop and loved it. Now I work out of a service truck so its at home now kind of a waste but it looks good in the shop at home :Cheer: Good boxes are worth the money if being used everyday.

I like the looks of the matco box and several guys i work with have them and two of them have had there whole box replaced for rusting out underneath and our shop is not very old or wet so im not sure if this is normal or not but they look sharp but it would take alot for me to switch from my Snap on. i have a Mac at my personal shop and not that fond fo the detents on drawers but thats my two cents

For the price I couldnt beat it. Hell I can prob go to white truck and get what I have in it back. That link higher up is a nice looking box but I have never heard of them. Cheap price for sure.

Scroll down on that page and check out all the reviews, I'm sold on it personally. I don't make my living 100% turning wrenches so I am not what you'd call a professional, so for the price and quality It seems like a win win to me. They are an outfit from Montezuma, Kansas

It sounds like a good box the only issue I see is if anyone carries them beyond the manufacturer. What if something breaks? What will ya do for warranty work. FYI im in Ohio that's why I ask that.

Back