Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 08:16 PM   #21
BRE

Name: BRE
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I’m for the reads... I won’t comment as my regard on the situation usually makes people mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 11-05-2017, 09:15 PM   #22
97rada

Name: 97rada
Member`s Gallery
I have and maintain one because I drive trucks after I repair them. It's needed for me. It costs me nothing to keep. I don't understand how because you drive commercially that you should now be a more responsible driver and should get higher fines. Kinda bs if you ask me.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...it takes a touch of genius- and alot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:27 PM   #23
BRE

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmega3500 View Post
You know there's major down side if you have a CDL and don't use it. Here in Texas they passed yearly med card checks back in 2013 or 2014 iircand I let my A go. Good thing too as in Texas and I'm sure other, driving infractions if caught are doubled and tripled all because you habe a CDL.

I made this comment in the last thread basically and got basically ignored because the other guy somehow knew more than me or something. Even though I have a cdl.

There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO

Old 11-05-2017, 09:30 PM   #24
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
I'll reiterate it once again:
Follow The Money.

It's nearly NEVER about our safety, or some genuine concern, it's always about feeding the Beast.

The FMCSA, like the IRS, know full well there are idiotic and redundant rules, they just keep it this way to confuse and intimidate people.
If they gave a damn about the people they burden, they'd clean up the rules voluntarily, without being ordered to do so.

Mark.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:26 AM   #25
Meyers Farms

Name: Meyers Farms
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97rada View Post
I have and maintain one because I drive trucks after I repair them. It's needed for me. It costs me nothing to keep. I don't understand how because you drive commercially that you should now be a more responsible driver and should get higher fines. Kinda bs if you ask me.
I agree with you. I have my class A cdl and if I get pulled over (in my personal vehicle), I can be arrested and charged with DUI for blowing a .04 on the breathalyzer. The rest of the motoring public including the officer arresting me isn't considered legally drunk until .08. So the arresting officer can be more intoxicated than me but arresting me for DUI. This is in Ohio btw. I understand to not drink and drive to avoid any hassle but it's the principle that I don't understand.

Last edited by Meyers Farms; 11-06-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:56 AM   #26
Meyers Farms

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers Farms View Post
I agree with you. I have my class A cdl and if I get pulled over (in my personal vehicle), I can be arrested and charged with DUI for blowing a .04 on the breathalyzer. The rest of the motoring public including the officer arresting me isn't considered legally drunk until .08. So the arresting officer can be more intoxicated than me but arresting me for DUI. This is in Ohio btw. I understand to not drink and drive to avoid any hassle but it's the principle that I don't understand.
This information is from a training session we recently had with a representative from the Ohio State Patrol. He did not specifically state that an officer could be more intoxicated, although it was brought up by an audience member.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:35 AM   #27
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
So, just happen to take the wrong cough syrup, or mouthwash and you're at risk of being jailed?
Imagine any of US being able to dispense roadside justice in this manner.

Mark.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:07 AM   #28
inline6359

Name: inline6359
Title: Microwaving cats since 01
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers Farms View Post
JFC.... The officer would not have a badge if he were intoxicated on the job at any level. There are many ways to make an argument for this very subject, that however isn’t one of them.

Last edited by inline6359; 11-06-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:19 AM   #29
BRE

Member`s Gallery
He’s getting at how the laws are written...

RIP Dex KCCO

Old 11-06-2017, 12:10 PM   #30
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nixon View Post
So, just happen to take the wrong cough syrup, or mouthwash and you're at risk of being jailed?
Imagine any of US being able to dispense roadside justice in this manner.

Mark.
If you are intoxicated, it doesn't matter how you got that way.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 11-06-2017, 12:39 PM   #31
Meyers Farms

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6359 View Post
JFC.... The officer would not have a badge if he were intoxicated on the job at any level. There are many ways to make an argument for this very subject, that however isn’t one of them.
I understand that he would/could/should be in trouble if he is intoxicated, and I agree that he should be in trouble. As BRE states I am pointing out how the law is written.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #32
40ray

Name: 40ray
Member`s Gallery
Commerce is the important world here are you on the road buying and selling goods or services.

Closed Thread