Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
HOOKED

Name: HOOKED
Title: Hookin to Please!
Member`s Gallery
*New* Show Me Smokers *New*

Myself and SmokinCummins are in the process of Rebuilding the "Show Me Smokers" I have purchased the websites. Now i am needing ideas on Design's for Logos and website. We will have a very detailed and informative website including a Driver Profile page a schedule of up comming events a forum etc. We will also have a set of rules for sled pulling i have talked to several associations that are willing to pick us up or just let us pull with them as long as the rules are our responsability. We will have a membership fee which will include a Tee-shirt, and window sticker and one season membership. Basically i see it like this Missouri has some great trucks and some great guys we need to pull this state together set some ground rules and get this thing rolling. Any ideas are very welcome.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
Lifted94XLT

Name: Lifted94XLT
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Are Kansas guys welcome??

--Ryan

Old 12-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
JFlagg

Name: JFlagg
Title: Gun for Hire
Member`s Gallery
Woohoo! Count me in. When you know the rest of the details let me know, I want to be member number 3...

Old 12-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Bad-Duvall

Name: Bad-Duvall
Title: MOST HATED
Member`s Gallery
Awsome do yall think you will be up and running by the summer??
And I will help out with anything i can!!!

Old 12-03-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
GSM-01

Name: GSM-01
Title: Can turn wrenches
Member`s Gallery
I told Ya'll something was in the works...

Old 12-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
OT-OF-Here

Name: OT-OF-Here
Title: Owner of the Black Beach
Member`s Gallery
Show Me Smokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOKED
Myself and SmokinCummins are in the process of Rebuilding the "Show Me Smokers" I have purchased the websites. Now i am needing ideas on Design's for Logos and website. We will have a very detailed and informative website including a Driver Profile page a schedule of up comming events a forum etc. We will also have a set of rules for sled pulling i have talked to several associations that are willing to pick us up or just let us pull with them as long as the rules are our responsability. We will have a membership fee which will include a Tee-shirt, and window sticker and one season membership. Basically i see it like this Missouri has some great trucks and some great guys we need to pull this state together set some ground rules and get this thing rolling. Any ideas are very welcome.
Will it be just for pullers or for drag racers too? If so, count me in.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #7
02Dmax

Name: 02Dmax
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
sweet, what area are most of the events gonna be in?

'78 International Service Truck with DT466. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #8
sweet99

Name: sweet99
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
count me in.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #9
HOOKED

Member`s Gallery
It will be for everyone who owns a modded diesel and is either a drag racer or a puller. Smokincummins will be in charge of the drag racing side of things. Myself will handle the pulling side. I do want to start a points system at the very first pull of the year. Heres my idea it will be a points system you pay to enter $5.00 Bucks per pull to enter the points game and at the end of the year winner take all! That is one of the many idea we are working on. And yes we are planning on being up and running by next season. I think we can work in the Kansas guys as well but on one condition there cannot be any Jayhawk stickers on the truck! We are going to run all over the state and will give plunty of notice of where we will be attending. If anyone has a pull to announce they will be able to do this in our forum page. Like i said its in the works i will keep all informed. How does it sound thus far?

Old 12-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #10
JFlagg

Member`s Gallery
Sounds good to me....I second the "no Jayhawks sticker" rule also, my wife is a KU grad so that should rile something up... I know some IL guys that will probably be interested too

Old 12-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #11
HOOKED

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlagg
Sounds good to me....I second the "no Jayhawks sticker" rule also, my wife is a KU grad so that should rile something up... I know some IL guys that will probably be interested too

Sounds good the more the marrier! Now i will say this its not your wife being a KU grad its the fact you married a KU grad! J/K

Old 12-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #12
Bad-Duvall

Name: Bad-Duvall
Title: MOST HATED
Member`s Gallery
Sounds ok but we need some rules real soon so we can start gettin ready.. also i do under stand that its just in the works not trying to put you on the spot.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #13
JFlagg

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOKED
Sounds good the more the marrier! Now i will say this its not your wife being a KU grad its the fact you married a KU grad! J/K
Actually, I find college sports usually pretty boring So I really don't have an allegiance to any one school, but she is almost done with her MBA and makes good money(she paid off my truck for me) So having a sugarmomma isn't to bad...Its the 21st century now, so the roles can be reversed, I'll stay at home with the kid(when we have one), wrench on my truck and she can go to work and pay the bills

Old 12-04-2007, 12:52 PM   #14
HOOKED

Member`s Gallery
As far as rules go we are going to adopt rules from one of the national org's. We will be going with the 2.8 Street diesel rules. The only rule we are thinking about changing is the water injection rule. But it will be up to our members. We are wanting to allow water only no mixutres for cooling only. But like i said let me know what you think on this issue. Any other ideas please throw them out here.

JFlagg l will give you this i have partied at KU several times the women are hott! But there is something about that damn bird that makes me want to strangle it! As for the sugarmama hell yeah does she have a sister?

Old 12-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #15
HOOKED

Member`s Gallery
I will be looking for some guys to help me put things together if anyone is interested let me know.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #16
JFlagg

Member`s Gallery
That bird does look like it needs a good chokin'...And as far as help, what kind you looking far? I'll offer up whatever I can, which may not be much...
And both her sisters are married, so sorry. They are both the opposite of her though, their both kept women, I got the blacksheep

Old 12-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #17
SmokinCummins

Name: SmokinCummins
Member`s Gallery
I imagine the help he is looking for is someone to help put his truck back together after every weekend. He is an expert parts breaker.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #18
HOOKED

Member`s Gallery
Yeah i try to stay away from the married one's. It can be Hazardous to my health..

Old 12-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #19
HOOKED

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinCummins
I imagine the help he is looking for is someone to help put his truck back together after every weekend. He is an expert parts breaker.

Oh no he's here let the insults begin!

Me}}}}}} {{{{{{{{Matt *aka* SmokinCummins

J/k he will have some great things to add im sure of it!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:33 PM   #20
SmokinCummins

Name: SmokinCummins
Member`s Gallery
I think there should be a buy in for the points race, say 50 bucks or so plus the 5 per pull and have a 100% year end payback to 5th place. The 5 dollars per pull plus the 50 buy in would be a pretty healthy pot even at 5th place.

Closed Thread