Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Drag Racing
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drag Racing Where ALL Racers are Welcome- From ET Bracket, all the way to ProStreet and Top Diesel!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
Empty_Pockets

Name: Empty_Pockets
Title: Undercover Epa agent
Member`s Gallery
New truck to race in Mexico and the track

So I'm picking up a new to me truck tomorrow. After i change some things up on it and make it my own I'll be shooting for 10s. I've raced duramaxs, powerstrokes, and a few cummins trucks. The cummins I have raced before were all older. It's a 12 4th gen. Looking at any insight, tips, tricks, etc for suspension mods mainly. It's a built 48re with pcs vb and ratchet or gated shifter. Release the opinion train. Excited to start talking more here, make some friends, enemies, and hopefully bust into the deep 10s.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
I did indeed. Talked to freedom racing engines today if that gives you a hint lol

Old 08-19-2019, 09:30 PM   #3
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
Wasnt built very long ago. Has less than 10k miles on the engine. Honestly with the invoice i got from them I'm not too worried about the engine or transmission at this point. Buuuttttt it could blow up in the parking lot tomorrow or coming across the mountain to my house lol. It is what it is. I'm kind of doing the same thing. Trading in a 800 hp capable duramax. Only thing wrong with it is the rust lol

Old 08-19-2019, 09:52 PM   #4
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Said truck description?

Old 08-19-2019, 09:53 PM   #5
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Ahhhh. Saw your other thread its a 4 door. Good luck.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:48 AM   #6
SPEEDSHIFT

Name: SPEEDSHIFT
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
1000whp and some drag radials is about all you really need for consistent 10s.
2013 3500 4x4 Aisin Dually Tow Rig

Tenacity Tuning, Longs Machine Shop, BD Diesel Performance

Old 08-20-2019, 09:00 AM   #7
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Let us know how the drive home goes!

Old 08-20-2019, 08:27 PM   #8
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
Drive home was good. Has a slight vibration at 70 to 82 but I think its tires. Not sure will dig into it soon. Plans are to take the lift off and lower the rear and front. Ditch the 35s for the 420s I have now and save up for some radials. Anyone got recommendations on wheels for some radials? Throw a caliper on the turbo and figure out how much bigger I need to go. Want to get it to the track soonish and on a dyno. Retuning it with mcc from my tuner here soon. Also what's everyone running for oil in their built engines? I've always done rotella t6 but have heard good things about cenpenco especially after tony tore down his ucc truck

Old 08-20-2019, 09:30 PM   #9
NordicNevs

Name: NordicNevs
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Looking forward to write ups and photos!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*RIP*
2012 Ford F350
2014 Ford F250
2014 Chevy 2500
2015.5 Chevy 2500
2017 Ram 3500 Megacab

Old 08-21-2019, 06:10 PM   #10
crpower

Name: crpower
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowlml View Post
Drive home was good. Has a slight vibration at 70 to 82 but I think its tires. Not sure will dig into it soon. Plans are to take the lift off and lower the rear and front. Ditch the 35s for the 420s I have now and save up for some radials. Anyone got recommendations on wheels for some radials? Throw a caliper on the turbo and figure out how much bigger I need to go. Want to get it to the track soonish and on a dyno. Retuning it with mcc from my tuner here soon. Also what's everyone running for oil in their built engines? I've always done rotella t6 but have heard good things about cenpenco especially after tony tore down his ucc truck

I’ve always ran schaeffer's 15-40 racing oil with the added zinc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-21-2019, 11:31 PM   #11
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
I've heard some different things. Few guys have said rotella t6 or your whatever your oil of choice is and a zinc package. Few have said to stay clear of that and run amsoil 20w50 dominator or the pennegrade 20w50 oil.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:29 AM   #12
ramthiscummins

Name: ramthiscummins
Member`s Gallery
I think fleece / freedom racing engine guys sell or recommend amsoil 20w50

Old 09-04-2019, 10:27 AM   #13
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
I've been running the bradpenn or penngrade 20w50 so far. Got about 600 miles on it as of today. Definitely stays cleaner than any oil I've used before. Checked it the other day and it still looked somewhat new. I'm used to oil blackening after a few miles on diesels.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:25 AM   #14
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
I'm just going to use this as build/question/info thread I guess instead of starting another. Got the truck home. Re did quite a bit of stuff already. New ccv filter, oil feed and returns, lift pump pressure was only 3psi. Changed fuel filters no difference. They were about rusted through so it needed it anyways. Seems like someone cut the spring down before cause pressure was too high. Stretched it out made some shims back 25 to 30 psi. Rail doesnt fluctuate so I'm leaving it there. Got a new splitter cause the old one had some rub through. Zip tied and packed with dialectic grease idk how many wires. Had a fluctuating rail issue before I did the lift pump which I think was from the splitter. Threw a powerflow on the belt. Picking up a billet valve cover for it with 3/4 npt fittings and going to some braided hose and a catch can. Any recommendations on a catch can? Did a new manifold gaskets with new studs as the old ones were almost rounded off and some were finger loose when I checked.. Tightened up some suspension stuff. Going to order a new dual stabilizer. Checked valve lash but going to re do it after I do the valve cover. Changed the oil to bradpenn 20w50. Headlights are a cluster phuck. Need to completely re wire them but in no hurry. Drivers side has a flicker. They're morimoto with some diodide dynamics **** flopping around. Idk **** about head lights or hid led yada yada so guess I'll learn now. Re wired the converter lock up switch as it was unhooked. Had the clean up the windshield washer fluid plug as it had got gunked up from rainx. No more low fluid light. Got a nice rainx bath doing that as I thought it was empty. Now rain beads up on my skin and rolls off. Pretty nice actually. Re did the exhaust and stuck 6in tip on it. Over the winter I'm going to hit a couple spots with my grinder and por 15 the entire thing. Plan is to go to 300% over injectors over the winter and a single s476 87 1.10 Or maybe compound off the 72. Not sure yet. Still need to get it retuned. Thinking I'm going to go with firepunk.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #15
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Member`s Gallery
Sounds like it needed a bit of RM but got a good owner that'll keep everything in tip top shape. Probably for the best of the truck that you ended up with it. Congrats again.

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 09-10-2019, 11:19 AM   #16
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
Thanks man it's been alot. I know the gf isnt too happy about the last few weeks every eve I have off I'm in the shop but she gets it. I know she is tired of washing my diesel soaked clothes as the other night I took a diesel bath and she made me sit them outside :rofl

Old 09-15-2019, 11:25 PM   #17
Empty_Pockets

Member`s Gallery
So what options do I have for lowering this truck? Shackles in the rear and cutting a coil or what's everyone doing?

Closed Thread