Time to throw out the s467.7 turbo choices?

The only choice for what the op is after being he mentioned quicker spool in a way, and flow more on comp side would be the 369. I'd be curious though on what the 467.7 and 369 would do on a straight up strung out dyno test.

The only choice for what the op is after being he mentioned quicker spool in a way, and flow more on comp side would be the 369. I'd be curious though on what the 467.7 and 369 would do on a straight up strung out dyno test.

I lost my sheets but I made more power with a 467, by I wanna say 15ish hp but I made Power quicker with the 369. That was with a 467.7/87/.90 T4. I ran quicker with the 369sxe than a 475/83/.90

There has been a dyno performed between a 369, 467 and Infinite Performance's 468.

I believe he is working on another 68 wheel.

I would stick with what you have or go to a 369. Any bigger is going to make your complaints worse, also like stated above the 4294 is a good spec but very pricey. I am curious about the lag with the 67.7, I had some of the same issues with mine. Some minor tuning changes and it pretty much will light on demand. It will carry between 7-15 psi towing and works all the way up to 9000 feet of elevation without issue. It can be very sensitive to fuel though too much will stuff it big time.

There has been a dyno performed between a 369, 467 and Infinite Performance's 468.

I vaguely remember that now you said something, seemed his 68 made a good bit more early in the dyno run but they all ended up about the same?

S369SXE-2.jpg

I would stick with what you have or go to a 369. Any bigger is going to make your complaints worse, also like stated above the 4294 is a good spec but very pricey. I am curious about the lag with the 67.7, I had some of the same issues with mine. Some minor tuning changes and it pretty much will light on demand. It will carry between 7-15 psi towing and works all the way up to 9000 feet of elevation without issue. It can be very sensitive to fuel though too much will stuff it big time.

In houston (when im home anyways) being at sea level has it advantages, BUT in the heat of the summer with those thick, hot humid summer days its a terd to get spooling. On the freeway its a real boss hoss tho!

Ryan wants me to go the s476 route along with a 6.7 rail sensor and some new fuel mapping since he likes to tune with pressure more so than duration. He says that the 476/87 with the ETR wheel will be about the same as my 467.7 on spool up, if not a little sooner, but will pull WAY harder up top... i don't see how really....

I like the idea of the 369sxe at sea level but im obviously not going to choose a turbo that will net less RWHP... derrr

Op bottom line the 369 kicks butt and is fun on the track/street. I did tow 10k with it, wasn’t super easy but still doable.

i miss being snappy!*bdh*

i used to tow 15k but i sold the camper so no worries there. My 467 was a ***** up and down hills towing until i realized tow/haul off was the best way to go and keep it around 65mph. MPG went to **** but who cares when your always in boost and not being so hard on the ol 48re

In houston (when im home anyways) being at sea level has it advantages, BUT in the heat of the summer with those thick, hot humid summer days its a terd to get spooling. On the freeway its a real boss hoss tho!

Ryan wants me to go the s476 route along with a 6.7 rail sensor and some new fuel mapping since he likes to tune with pressure more so than duration. He says that the 476/87 with the ETR wheel will be about the same as my 467.7 on spool up, if not a little sooner, but will pull WAY harder up top... i don't see how really....

I like the idea of the 369sxe at sea level but im obviously not going to choose a turbo that will net less RWHP... derrr

Unless your having drive pressure control issues currently with a 83mm turbine wheel, doubt an 87 will get you to your goals of street friendly.

Being in Cypress myself there's not a single hesitation is have to run a single 69sxe. Having run one as a secondary which is usually slower than a single was no issue at all and spool was nice. I personally would only run the 69sxe with the 1.0 though to maximize ability.

Just be mindful of throttle chop or run a blow off which is always a good idea with large chargers.

I would think if you went to the 476 87 you would need to change torque converter stall ? Or maybe that is already in the plans?

I am at or near sea level as well, with a firepunk/DPC standard triple disk converter the ED billet 467 83 90 would light around 1900 on my 2003 common rail with stock fuel. It was a dog in the summer though. And you couldn't let it shift into OD too early or you would snuff the turbo.

I am assuming a 476 will light slower?

Last edited:

I can tell you right now, I hated my gangster 476. Put it on, from hardways recommendation and took it off within 50 miles. Better loosen up that Convertor a lot cause 2200 didn’t do crap

Last edited:

Correct, I hope to have it available by February. In reality we are working on a complete line with the option of a roller thrust bearing.

Correct, I hope to have it available by February. In reality we are working on a complete line with the option of a roller thrust bearing.

that's an interesting idea? taking the thrust bearing and spacer out and replacing them with some kind of combined roller assembly?

neat

something that could be a drop in for conventional s3's and 4's?

I can tell you right now, I hated my gangster 476. Put it on, from hardways recommendation and took it off within 50 miles. Better loosen up that Convertor a lot cause 2200 didn’t do crap

wow thats so strange. i wonder why he is pushing them? i feel like its a lot as well for a streetable single, but he seems to emply that the ETR style wheel will make up for it. id love to know how.

les knows my entire setup and my truck "is where it is" today because of his advice, he knows my converter and he knows how i drive.

Everything you describe you want out of the turbo change is missing just one word, compounds.

been there and ill never go back. turbo technology is coming on fast and i firmly believe that compounds will be a thing of the past for street trucks in the next 5 years.

call me crazy

Back