SPI 2.6 rule changes

I have been trying to get some flow numbers on 2.6 to 3.0 smooth bore. But I do believe your right there should be around 3.400-3.600 of bore area in the current turbos if my math is correct. I hope it at least keeps horsepower the same. I think you will see them choke out /snuff sooner with some of the larger turbos out there now

This is dependent in the placement of the Mwe. Also style of Mwe.

I'm working with Pete to make the turbo rules for both classes more inclusive yet fair.

But I do believe your right there should be around 3.400-3.600 of bore area in the current turbos if my math is correct.

Your math is not correct.

Last edited:
how much bore area is on a current 2.6 turbo with a forward facing map grove ? If you know the answer tell us

Thanks this is probably the reason most people buy their turbos and injectors else where. And that some big name shops think your a joke

1st and 2nd in PPL 3.0" and 2.6" points this year proves otherwise. It is not my job to explain to you why certain turbos make the power they do.

The only joke in this thread is that for some reason you believe people owe you pertinent information that has come to be known due to great effort and expense.

Kinda what I was thinking. And weston shares a hell of alot of information that alot of other people wont. And he is one of the best in the business at what he does! Saying he is a joke is laughable at best! His chit kicks azz.

in all seriousness why don't we just leave the rules alone for the most part PPL doesn't give two ****s about any of us they want the rob wrights and haisley trucks week in week out they're the sprint cup drivers and we're just the local track late model class

and another thing I always hear "well what if a ppl legal truck or a truck from pa wants to come pull" they haven't yet so why start now? they have good local pulls week in week out so why would they travel hours to hook with us.

why not follow the rules we should be with PPL and just let the trucks we have here now run the way they are so prob nothing will change but still gives the possible PPL guys a chance to pull here for whatever reason because ODL wont do **** for anyone up here and everyone is saying smooth bore will be less power so make it if your a ODL then you gotta have the smooth bore to run here that's the simplest way if you ask me plus Im sure someone wants to see the little red truck come back out!!!!!! and just so you guys know I wont be chasing any points at least truck pulling it will just be a every now and then thing also Im gonna do some research in the turbos to see the actual difference

I need to buy a turbo this season to keep up with the top trucks, and I don't have the budget for buying turbos every year. If we're gonna be 2.6 this year and 3.0 smooth next, maybe Ill wait to buy one. It would just be nice to have some sort of sense of direction.

I'd be intrested on the turbo rule that would be inclusive, are you guys thinking a 3.0 bushing in front of a current 2.6 charger would be an option if 3.0 smoothbore is a deffinitly going to happen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'd be intrested on the turbo rule that would be inclusive, are you guys thinking a 3.0 bushing in front of a current 2.6 charger would be an option if 3.0 smoothbore is a deffinitly going to happen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
You all with find out on the 7th :)

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Not hard to figure out... Took all of 10 minutes

Current 2.6=3.07" smooth bore to match surface area
Cheater/Haisley/JEB 2.6=3.32" smooth bore
Current 3.0=3.6" smooth to beat surface area
Cheater/Haisley/JEB=3.8" smooth to beat surface area

THEREFORE 3.0" SMOOTH WILL LOSE POWER.... there are tons of 466ci open rpm intercooled tractors running Badger State, they beat 3x3 smooth bore superfarm tractors with 640ci non intercooled... I've never heard of a reputable dyno # over 1400hp on the Hart's 3x4 hx60. But I have heard of alcohol 3x4's at 1500+HP, but the alcohol has greater cooling and power effects IMO... Rob Wright is most likely over 1500hp by area figures on the 5.5" MWE groove, it's simple math they taught us all in high school that everyone says they never use, lol!

WTF do you think they picked 3.8", that way if they let old 3.0 chargers run and someone buys/builds a cheater cover their best customers still have an edge...

Current 2.6=3.07" smooth bore to match surface area
Cheater/Haisley/JEB 2.6=3.32" smooth bore
Current 3.0=3.6" smooth to beat surface area
Cheater/Haisley/JEB=3.8" smooth to beat surface area

Using the term "cheater" doesn't make sense when we are not the only ones doing it, and it is legal by the current rules.

Last edited:
Back