Heavy Street-

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
So all of this talk about the impending resurgence of the Black Mamba and the dinosaur's return to dominance got me thinking...........

I have never been a fan of Index classes. No offense to those who race in Mediocre street, but we all know there is more to life than endos at the stripe. NHRDA superstreet has essentially turned into prostreet on hard(er) tires.

What about a class for those six second trucks that could be run heads up? What rules would need to be in place to 1) get a pile of trucks in the class, and 2) Keep the class competitive?

Id think that 5000-5500 Minimum would need to be in place, and a 30 mile cruise as well.

What thoughts do you guys have?

Oh no...... is this going to be another one of those hypothetical which box turbo to use threads and who has the fastest sticker threads?!:shake::hehe:

I still like the single 476 and 5000lbs that kinda died off.

I'm not talking about a sledpulling rules dragrace.

I'm talking about a heads up class that that can draw from SS and the 2 index classes- a Poor Man's Prostreet.

I'll be the first to poo-poo the idea. Heads up and Poor Man's budget never end well. One or two will figure out how to get ahead and the rest will pay to catch up or quit because of the cash required.

I'll be the first to poo-poo the idea. Heads up and Poor Man's budget never end well. One or two will figure out how to get ahead and the rest will pay to catch up or quit because of the cash required.

Perhaps poor man's budget was an improper choice of words- folks are already spending the $$ now, they are just pulling stoppies at the stripe- Making power is not as important as the latest offerings from Brembo and Willwood.

I love the Idea. I'm sure it would be as Brandon Said though, but my hypothetical thoughts would be

5500-6k weight
single charger
no Nitrous, water or injectables
stock frame
stock suspension
stock engine location

maybe make it a 4wd only class

Single charger and no N2O makes for a poor set-up at elevation, if considering cross over vehicles between organizations. I don't have any answers though outside of an index class that both organizations agree upon.

Last edited:
Why? What do you gain. Want to run all out and spend a fortune run pro street.
There is a solution in a way coming down the pipe.

Last edited:
My truck is a simple built 146k mile stock btm end, with single charger . I have ran 6.70/10.50 or 10.90 the past year at events around the texas area. For the average guy like myself it took close to 2 years to get the money and time to get the truck to where it is now. I didn't slowly build this truck. I went from stock to where it is at now. I've pushed the truck to 10.26 weighing 6440 with me in it. I am more than happy to run the index classes that don't push the truck to the limits every single pass. It makes my wallet feel a little better. If the engine was to let go the truck would be down for a very long time. Most index racers I've raced at the diesel events are people that don't have the money to replace broken parts in a quick turnaround (myself included). I don't see many average joes that run 6.70/10.50 or 10.90 making the jump to a class that runs all out. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My truck is a simple built 146k mile stock btm end, with single charger . I have ran 6.70/10.50 or 10.90 the past year at events around the texas area. For the average guy like myself it took close to 2 years to get the money and time to get the truck to where it is now. I didn't slowly build this truck. I went from stock to where it is at now. I've pushed the truck to 10.26 weighing 6440 with me in it. I am more than happy to run the index classes that don't push the truck to the limits every single pass. It makes my wallet feel a little better. If the engine was to let go the truck would be down for a very long time. Most index racers I've raced at the diesel events are people that don't have the money to replace broken parts in a quick turnaround (myself included). I don't see many average joes that run 6.70/10.50 or 10.90 making the jump to a class that runs all out. Just my opinion

I know of several guys that would make said jump. The Jump in question really isn't too far for most. They just wouldn't put the truck on it's nose in the last 60 feet.

A class like this would just turn into another super street, the only way to make a class budget friendly is to put an index on it, limiting power will just cause people to spend a ton of money in engines and other things trying to get every last drop.
The 30 mile cruise idea would stop some super street trucks from being able to compete in said class but I for one would have no problem cruising my truck 30 miles, it also complies with the stock frame, stock suspension, stock engine location ideas and I'm running 5.7's in the 1/8, 8.8's in the 1/4.
In the end, racing heads up will always be expensive.

Last edited:
I love the Idea. I'm sure it would be as Brandon Said though, but my hypothetical thoughts would be

5500-6k weight
single charger
stock frame
stock suspension
stock engine location

This looks pretty good to me the only thing I would change is make the weight 6000 I think you would get a lot more third and forth gen trucks in if you don't have to cut them up and put glass on them to get them down. And also single charger as big as you can get spooled no limits but just a single. No nitrous or water allowed . 2 or 4 wd as long as you use the same weight.

Thinking about this over the last little while since the hypothetical rules thread. It seems like numbers is a big deal, why don't we focus on what is existing and encourage more people to come out? Only on the internet do we think that it takes the lowest elapsed time ever run in SS to win. Those guys at the top aren't consistent enough for us to throw in the towel on that class.

Lately I've felt like we treat some of the drag racing classes like UCC, if you aren't bringing xxxx amount of nitrous or horsepower, don't show up.

5500-6k weight
single charger
stock frame
stock suspension
stock engine location

So change super street to a single charge no nitrous is what you described. Should be fun racing in denver and utah lol

Back