Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:44 PM   #1
Kroner

Name: Kroner
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Need help solving problem (long)

Hello everyone.
Im new to this site but not to diesel trucks. Im glad to find another good site. As for my problem I think I have a fueling issue or somethign like that. My truck is a 96 2500 5 speed. Ive dynoed 3 times and came up with low numbers every time. The first time was at scheids last year and I put down 286hp and 868 tq with a 215 pump with no plate, 16 degrees timing, a air box, 5 in exhaust, and a HTT stage 3 hybrid. I was told then I should have been around 350 or better. Next I put 370s in and a 3k gsk and dynoed at total performance in evansville. I put down 352hp and 754tq. After this I was told I had a fueling problem. I didnt gain any more smoke with the injectors or any noticable power but I did have them checked and they were ok. I ended up replacing my lift pump and overflow valve. My truck smoked like a train but the 35/40 hybrid would clean up all the smoke by 40 lbs. I could also tow a 15k trailer without too much of an egt issue. I ended up replacing the hybrid with a full B-1 and dynoed the other day at scheids. I made 339hp and 886tq. The B-1 clears the smoke by 15lbs and I cant get it above 30 lbs. Ive posted this on dtr and tdr and everyone agrees I have a problem but I have been unable to find it yet. Ive also called scheids, haisleys, and a few other places and their answer is that I need lazer cut dvs. I am sorry for the long post.
Thanks to all
Kroner

Old 08-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #2
jambbii

Name: jambbii
Title: milk
Member`s Gallery
Not sure if this helps but I had a similar situation. I had a hybrid 35/40 370, 4kgsk and my truck would always clear up real fast. Some people thought I was using n2o . Long story short I did a bunch of mods and decided to have my pump benched. It turns out there was some internal problems like a stuck plunger and some other crap I dont remember. The truck ran perfectly fine like this , it wouldnt rev past 2800 with the 4k kit in it. I thought it was just because I had a small pump in it. It turned out it was because it was running out of fuel. I thought these pumps were bullet proof and most people dont have problems with them.

Good luck,

Josh
04.5 QC 4x4

Old 08-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Jambbii, That looks like a nicely equipped Ram ya got there in your avatar pic!

Old 08-30-2006, 06:31 PM   #4
nummit

Name: nummit
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Welcome abaord

Old 08-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Have you played with the wastegate? And possibly a bump in timing? And what was their reasoning for the lazer cuts?

Last edited by RacinDuallie; 08-30-2006 at 06:42 PM.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:26 PM   #6
Kroner

Name: Kroner
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Everytime I called them and told them what was happening with the little charger clearing up the smoke they said I was running out of fuel and wanted to throw dvs in there. They also wanted to put 4k gs in there. I was planning on having the pump looked at when I got the cash. Does anyone know of a good shop up here in muncie?
Thanks

Old 08-31-2006, 02:45 AM   #7
jambbii

Name: jambbii
Title: milk
Member`s Gallery
Racin, thanks!

Kroner, First off I would run at least a 100 plate instead of nothing so your gov arm doesnt break off. With a 215 pump you have decent sized dv's something else is wrong. Hopefull when you get your pumped looked at you can figure out whats going on. With my old combo I made 370 at the rears on 40" tires with the messed up 160 pump.
04.5 QC 4x4

Closed Thread