Daily Driven 10.98@126 smoke free

06 5.9

*MIC DROPPER*
Been a little while since I posted... Quick run down of the truck...

06 5.9 cummins with 189k miles
Stock bottom end, head, cam, head gasket...
Arp 2000's
Hamilton 110lb valve springs
" " Extreme duty pushrods
150% over exergy injectors running around 2500us
10.6 stroker pump from motorsport diesel with a stock cummins pump
Firepunk diesel comp 2 trans...
Fleece Performance billet 475/87/.90
Tuned By Gordon at Innovative Diesel

305/50/20 Nitto 420's that are bald in the front.

IMG_3593_zps8aff1d8c.jpg

IMG_3591_zps818450c2.jpg

IMG_3595_zpsf9c7c27c.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhsOT5qPcEU&list=UUA2v-6HHJl96AvJ1Op4evJA

Very nice and exclusive club you joined with that pass, congratulations Jim! :clap:

Thanks Shane!

Very nice!

Weren't you running a gtx4508? Why the switch back to BW based turbo?

Yes I was... The garrett was the biggest waste of money and reliability was absolutely horrible... 3k dollar paperweight if u ask me... Borg Warner turbos have always treated me right with the same if not more abuse than the garrett took and last 10 times longer...

Very sick and clean performance man.

Thanks! Im very happy with it... Now I just need some drag radials and then get the nitrous hooked up *nx*

I will admit i was the teen boy at one time blowing smoke and raising cain on the streets. I now have a heart for "smokeless power". That is freakin awesome! Thats a good lookin truck also! You have put together a well rounded truck. Congrats on the pass. Thats fast fo sore!

Thanks guys... It took me 2 years to achieve my goal but now I'm finally happy to say that it's all been worth it... Many passes in between 2 years ago and now brought nothing but disappointment and broken crap but after I finally got hooked up with firepunk and have a solid trans everything is coming along well...

Future plans are to send my manifold out to have a gate port installed and a hyper gate 45 to go with a decent shot of nitrous... I plan to make some more fuel only passes with drag radials and go 10.8x's on fuel then mid 10's on spray with the stock motor.

I believe your wallet flew out of the truck on that pass...

LMK if this looks familiar, I picked it up for you

embrown.jpg

lmfao... thanks guys i really appreciate it...

How long it will last... I have no idea... If the motor went tomorrow I wouldn't be upset as to put it "lightly" this engine has been through absolute hell... I beat the crap out of it and Im surprised its lasted as long as it has. It has been through 8 different turbo setups since 145k when I bought it ranging from the stock he351 to 80mm (all single setups)... 5 transmissions... 4 injector changes from stock to 20% over then 100% over and now 150% over...

Since 170k miles it has been at least 800rwhp and Since 183k miles its been over 900rwhp... Innovative diesels shop truck is running a single 67.7mm, 200% over injectors and the largest nitrous solenoid they can get feeding a jet with a 1/8" hole in it...*nx*

Its been deep in the 10's on nitto 420's while running out of gear and sprayed as soon as it leaves the line... Again all on the stock motor... Will see its going to be interesting when I start putting the nitrous to it.

Heres a couple more pics for those who are interested...

IMG_3412_zpseadae284.jpg

IMG_3438_zps97583724.jpg

IMG_3524_zps1bb7290a.jpg

IMG_3493_zps834b005c.jpg

IMG_3526_zps828a86aa.jpg

Yes I was... The garrett was the biggest waste of money and reliability was absolutely horrible... 3k dollar paperweight if u ask me... Borg Warner turbos have always treated me right with the same if not more abuse than the garrett took and last 10 times longer...

Good to know, thanks.

That thing looks ignorant!

Edit-> I mean that in a good way!

Last edited:
Back