Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Introductions.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introductions. Take a moment to Introduce yourself here. Tell us about yourself and your rig!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 08:14 PM   #1
ky6litr

Name: ky6litr
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Hope to gain knowledge and have fun

hi all, I am new on here and have been searching through these forums for a long time for knowledge. By searching Google it often led me to this forum which has been one of the biggest helping tools. I have been into Cummins motors for 8 years and still love them but my new job at the Ford truck plant has me switching to support my living. I got myself into a 2005 f350 ccsb 4wd after my research of which one to go with. Since its not favored from what I can tell I'd like to build something surprising. My goal is to build basically the fastest most reliable street truck I can. I would say a drag build but I'd still like to drive it daily if I wanted to. I had a hard time finding information on setting up the suspension for this but I found some here so I decided to join and hope I come out in the end with what I was going for. I have quite a bit of mechanical experience, I've been in the automotive field as a hobby since I was a kid and in the maintenance field for a career for 8 years. I however am no genius or expert and especially with powerstrokes, so I hope my questions will be made fun of less and helped more.

Thanks for having me

Old 04-28-2020, 08:47 PM   #2
displacedtexan

Name: displacedtexan
Title: $500 PREMIUM MEMBER
Member`s Gallery
There's quite a few of those 6.0 trucks with a Cummins hanging around here. About to be one more.

Welcome, reading for a while before joining puts you ahead of a lot of new guys!

Old 04-28-2020, 11:11 PM   #3
ky6litr

Member`s Gallery
Actually I'm going to keep the 6.0 and try and learn it and make it into something it seems most aren't willing to do. I did think about swapping to make it easier on me, but wheres the fun in that. I like a challenge, but hopefully its not one I can't achieve. Sorry if I made it sound like I was doing a Cummins swap. But thank you, I just hope I continue to get even more info and help from joining and being apart of the forum.

Old 04-28-2020, 11:18 PM   #4
SmokeShow

Name: SmokeShow
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I know exactly nothing about a PS... is your goal going to require a built engine? That Jesse fella seems to make some respectable steam with the 6.0 platform. I'd say he has a couple mortgages worth of consumer dollars piled into a heap of 'em to get them to that point but still, made it there nonetheless.

Good luck

IG: @_mitch_ratliff_

'14 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew, w/ 3.5L EcoBoost, bone stock

83 GMC K30 CC SB 4WD awaiting D/A chassis swap

Old 04-28-2020, 11:39 PM   #5
ky6litr

Member`s Gallery
It definitely is, I'm even considering just getting a short block, I'm interested in this 6.5L short block from RCD because I know they're suppose to be reputable but I've heard squat about this 6.5L and you'd figure it would be out there if its worth it. If it doesn't wind up being anything special ill just do a built bottom end, KDD oringed heads im thinking, and build on that. I have heard a lot of Jesse, he definitely knows what he's doing.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:00 AM   #6
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
Try checking out the truck source diesel guys as well. I know member Danny is involved with them, and his 6.0 shorty is plenty respectable. Formally called it zombie killer, now its death star or something I think. Believe he has a thread or two on here about it as well if you do some more searching.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Old 04-29-2020, 07:34 AM   #7
Meyers Farms

Name: Meyers Farms
Member`s Gallery
Welcome to the forum! The 6.0 can make some reliable, respectable power although it’s not as popular as the Cummins. Where are you located? I’m going to assume somewhere in KY judging by your username.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:59 AM   #8
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers Farms View Post
Welcome to the forum! The 6.0 can make some reliable, respectable power although it’s not as popular as the Cummins. Where are you located? I’m going to assume somewhere in KY judging by your username.
Either that or he's slippery.

Welcome new guy !

Old 04-29-2020, 09:06 AM   #9
SmokeShow

Member`s Gallery
He did mention working at a Ford plant... there's one in Louisville, KY... Stands to reason he hails from the Bluegrass State.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:57 AM   #10
ky6litr

Member`s Gallery
I heard lots about Truck Source Dirsel tuning, thats who I was going to have tune it. I'll look and see if I can find those threads. Yes I am from KY lol, I'm an electrician at the Louisville truck plant. I live about an hour away though in mercer county.

Last edited by ky6litr; 04-29-2020 at 09:58 AM.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #11
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

ZMBYKLR, is the former name of the truck. Here's the main thread if I did it right. He's changed it up a bit since then, but haven't found that thread.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Old 04-29-2020, 12:54 PM   #12
Meyers Farms

Name: Meyers Farms
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post

Welcome new guy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
He did mention working at a Ford plant... there's one in Louisville, KY... Stands to reason he hails from the Bluegrass State.
Good call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky6litr View Post
I heard lots about Truck Source Dirsel tuning, thats who I was going to have tune it. I'll look and see if I can find those threads. Yes I am from KY lol, I'm an electrician at the Louisville truck plant. I live about an hour away though in mercer county.
Little bit of a drive but J and J Performance in Eldorado OH specializes in Powerstrokes. They have done a lot of 6.0 performance work. The owner Justin Gilliland ran a 6.0 pulling truck that ran very well. Just an option for you.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:13 PM   #13
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
The 6.0 Ford's are around here like the 12 valves were my age back then. They have a couple quick street trucks here local you better be on your game.

Old 04-30-2020, 08:44 AM   #14
CGilley

Name: CGilley
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedge View Post

Welcome new guy !

Old 04-30-2020, 01:42 PM   #15
SmokeShow

Member`s Gallery
You might drive past my house on your way to work depending on how you go... I live a few miles off the Lawrenceburg/Graefenburg exit off I64. Just a couple miles into Anderson Co.

Old 04-30-2020, 11:15 PM   #16
displacedtexan

Name: displacedtexan
Title: $500 PREMIUM MEMBER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
You work with Banean?

Old 05-01-2020, 12:13 AM   #17
ky6litr

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
The 6.0 Ford's are around here like the 12 valves were my age back then. They have a couple quick street trucks here local you better be on your game.
Where are you at? I've started to love seeing these fast, yet reliable 6.0s. Especially with the new trucks and all the emissions that we can't get rid of im gonna stick around with the older stuff.

Old 05-01-2020, 12:14 AM   #18
ky6litr

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeShow View Post
You might drive past my house on your way to work depending on how you go... I live a few miles off the Lawrenceburg/Graefenburg exit off I64. Just a couple miles into Anderson Co.
I bet I do, I get off on 151 and take it right to i64, of course I'm not right now since we're all shut down, but I bet I've looked right at it if its in any sort of view.

Old 05-01-2020, 12:15 AM   #19
ky6litr

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedtexan View Post
You work with Banean?
I don't work with him but I know who he is, I've seen him around but mostly just know him from social media. He's a character though.

Old 05-01-2020, 06:23 AM   #20
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Where are you at? I've started to love seeing these fast, yet reliable 6.0s. Especially with the new trucks and all the emissions that we can't get rid of im gonna stick around with the older stuff.
NE Florida, Middleburg to be exact. There's 3 large PS shops here that started after the 6.0's.

Closed Thread