Don't buy Dorman trans cooler lines!

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Trans cooler lines were rubbing on my 95 3500 dually. The rubbed through right along the oil pan near the crank balancer.

I bought the 4 lines needed from Oreilly's and advance auto parts to replace the two bad lines. It's two metal lines, one from the trans cooler on along the block and the other runs to the back of the transmission. The other two pieces needed were the quick connect ends that go to the auxiliary trans cooler that's behind the front bumper.

The problem now is the quick connect ends are SO loose you can wiggle them a good bit. They are completely seated and bottomed out. The tabs that stop them from pulling out are up against the opposite line doing their job holding the two lines together....BUT they now free flow trans fluid.

So warning to buy at your own risk!

624-353
624-332
624-333
624-982
Those are the part #'s

lol I get that now! Not sure where to turn to when it comes to parts needed quick!

I guess NAPA? But I think that's the brand lines they sell as well.

Throw all those stock parts in the trash where they belong!!

What I do is weld -08 AN bungs on the stock cooler and then put NPT to AN adapters on the transmission and run push lock hose lines from transmission to cooler. Get rid of that stupid cooler on the passenger side too and all the associated coolant lines.

lol I get that now! Not sure where to turn to when it comes to parts needed quick!

I guess NAPA? But I think that's the brand lines they sell as well.

Hydraulic shop?

They made a line while I stood there for my 97 that went from the heat changer to the metal line. $30ish and I was back up and running, the crimp on the factory line started leaking.

Hydraulic shop?

They made a line while I stood there for my 97 that went from the heat changer to the metal line. $30ish and I was back up and running, the crimp on the factory line started leaking.
X2, commercial grade hydraulic stuff is very good and probably cheaper than OEM stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When my truck was an auto I ran deleted the block side heater, added barbed fittings, double clamped with Napa 400psi transmission line straight to the cooler up front. No leaks, no issues, ran it like that for 80,000 miles or so. Could drop the trans with the lines hooked up if I wanted. Ran it like that on a buddies truck as well, no problem.

Bought a Dorman line from O'Reillys to replace one on my fiance's Cummins, it had a hole in it. Like a 1\16 diameter hole. It appears to have been caused by heat either from torch or electrical current.

Back