Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Diablo Sport
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #21
helipain

Name: helipain
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
nobody has this tuner or what?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #22
GOD RAM IT

Name: GOD RAM IT
Title: smoke or be smoked
Member`s Gallery
theres a reason for it. for the money there are better tuners

Old 10-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #23
helipain

Member`s Gallery
still havent seen/heard any big cons with the trinity besides no defuel capability. i am slightly programmer illiterate so unless someone gives me some input, i am running blind here. i do like the diablos visuals and ability to monitor several gauges (seemingly more than other programmers) at once. it seems they "advertise" better hp gains than others too.

i guess what i am getting at is that it appears user friendly. set your gauge alarms up right and one could just monitor the limits and take foot out so as not to exceed engine limits and cause damage.

i may be stuck on the obvious but for $600 you can monitor all gauges with nice visuals and a fairly decent set of tunes. thats less $$ than edge juice or smarty.

i am trying to do my homework but have yet to see the arguments with this thing. i have searched all over any nobody has anything particularly bad to say.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #24
helipain

Member`s Gallery
come on, surely you smarty guys can do some bashing here. persuade me as you see fit.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #25
GOD RAM IT

Member`s Gallery
I ran diablo products and ran bully dog and currently run a smarty. the bully dog PMT blew my diablo setup away. diablo makes good power for the money but they can switch on the fly, defuel and mine ran a heck of alot hotter than my BD or smarty.
If I were you I would look into a bully dog GT. if you like the eye candy.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #26
morkable

Name: morkable
Title: Just Over Broke
Member`s Gallery
You would not be able to give me another bullydog... if it wasnt for the fact that my smarty is that darn good I would still be running the diablo... My truck was 90 hp better with the diablo over the bullydog,, that is huge... both felt strong, but until I got it on the dyno, that told the tale.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #27
helipain

Member`s Gallery
so as far as defueling capability....is it wrong to assume you should know the limits and just take your foot off if you get to one. not as smart as i would like to be on this thing.

keep the good info coming

Old 10-05-2009, 05:14 AM   #28
GOD RAM IT

Member`s Gallery
its all going to be personal opinion or experience. so no matter what you will still have to make your own decision. things to consider.
diablo doesnt switch on the fly or auto defuel. It also doesnt allow you to choose torque managment or not.
every truck is different, some trucks run like crap with diablo and some run good. Its the same with any programmer.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #29
Mike@Diablo

Name: Mike@Diablo
Title: Diablo Tech Guy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by helipain View Post
still havent seen/heard any big cons with the trinity besides no defuel capability. i am slightly programmer illiterate so unless someone gives me some input, i am running blind here. i do like the diablos visuals and ability to monitor several gauges (seemingly more than other programmers) at once. it seems they "advertise" better hp gains than others too.

i guess what i am getting at is that it appears user friendly. set your gauge alarms up right and one could just monitor the limits and take foot out so as not to exceed engine limits and cause damage.

i may be stuck on the obvious but for $600 you can monitor all gauges with nice visuals and a fairly decent set of tunes. thats less $$ than edge juice or smarty.

i am trying to do my homework but have yet to see the arguments with this thing. i have searched all over any nobody has anything particularly bad to say.
I've long sharded your feeling on the defuel stuff....
1. If you have visual alarms, do you really still need the tuner to change your tuning level? If your EGT alarm goes off, are you really going to stay at WOT?

2. If you're that concerned about defueling capabilities, maybe you have been using the wrong programmer? If your current programmer is constanty defueling, wouldn't that indicate a poor tune? Shouldn't they be able to safely make the power without the need for constant defueling?

As for Trinity, since the market demands it so heavily, we do now offer some cool features when used with our extreme power puck.

When you have the puck and EGT installed, and you set an alarm for your EGT, if it reaches that temp, it will cut the puck back to 1/3 of the power level it is set at.

Also, there is now live puck control through the Trinity display.
Set up a gauge showing the pucks % of power, and it can be changed ON THE FLY via the left/right buttons on the Trinity.

Combined with all the other features of the Trinity, its multi-vehicle capabilities, and excellent interfaces, it is a heck of a deal at $599!!

561-908-0040
Visit our NEW website!

Old 10-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #30
helipain

Member`s Gallery
i just bought one today. it has everything i need. i assume in order to monitor EGTs you have to spend some $$$ on the egt box off the diablo website? is there a cheaper way to install a probe?

how about for boost control?

thanks for the info mike.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #31
GOD RAM IT

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
i just bought one today. it has everything i need. i assume in order to monitor EGTs you have to spend some $$$ on the egt box off the diablo website? is there a cheaper way to install a probe?

if you want to read the egts on the trinity then no there isnt another way.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #32
GOD RAM IT

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablo View Post
I've long sharded your feeling on the defuel stuff....
1. If you have visual alarms, do you really still need the tuner to change your tuning level? If your EGT alarm goes off, are you really going to stay at WOT?
yes. because I will get the max power allowable with the limits I set. opposed to letting off a little and looking at my gauge constantly when my eyes should be focused on the direction I am going. I am also guessing. I could let off too much. and it isnt just an alarm it will defuel automatically.

2. If you're that concerned about defueling capabilities, maybe you have been using the wrong programmer? If your current programmer is constanty defueling, wouldn't that indicate a poor tune? Shouldn't they be able to safely make the power without the need for constant defueling? uh I guarantee that any programmer that makes over 60 hp will hit unsafe limits at some point in time diablo is no exception. nobody said they are driving around defueling.

As for Trinity, since the market demands it so heavily, we do now offer some cool features when used with our extreme power puck.

When you have the puck and EGT installed, and you set an alarm for your EGT, if it reaches that temp, it will cut the puck back to 1/3 of the power level it is set at.

Also, there is now live puck control through the Trinity display.
Set up a gauge showing the pucks % of power, and it can be changed ON THE FLY via the left/right buttons on the Trinity.

Combined with all the other features of the Trinity, its multi-vehicle capabilities, and excellent interfaces, it is a heck of a deal at $599!!
your site says $619. plus add $360 for the extreme puck, so to do all you say it will cost you $960, plus the $200 egt set up, plus $25 for the obdII cord and $25 for the gauge pod. $1,210 total. sweet!
my problem with diablo is that they dont listen. for years people on diesel forums have complained about functions that other programmers have and they dont. if they matched functions with other programmers they would increase their sales by quite a bit.
I considered the trinity cause it has some nice features but it lacks features that are important to me and most everyone else.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #33
morkable

Name: morkable
Title: Just Over Broke
Member`s Gallery
I for one get all kind of po'd if my tuner automatically defuels... I will defuel if I want it too,, not the tuner doing it for me.... I know what my truck is doing by looking at the guages. De fueling sucks.

Im not a Diablo cheerleader by any stretch, I love my smarty, although I sure liked the diablo on my duramax and I wish I wouldnt have went with the evo, but you sure seem to have a big hate on for diablo,, I dont get it.. their pricing is in line with anything else that is in the same catagory, it has a neat interface, and nice features... your arguments dont really hold alot of water, I know , I have ran pretty much every tuner for a dodge. Other than the smarty, the diablo makes the most power of any, bar none, all other things being equal.

If I wouldnt have been turned on to the smarty (THANK YOU BOB) I would have stayed with the diablo and been happy, the bullydog is just plain weak, allmost 100HP less than the Diablo, and 80 Hp less than the PPE. that is a lot of HP. The Edge, well it didnt even rate enough to try with nitrous, it never made it out of the 600's on fuel only..

Just my thoughts,,,,

Old 10-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #34
GOD RAM IT

Member`s Gallery
You choose if you want the defueling option on or not so, that isnt much of an argument.
I have a problem with diablo yes as they market the trinity as "the most advanced tuner".

If you read my posts I added the good and the bad. I have run a lot of tuners and boxes. for me the diablo had less low end then my smarty or BD PMT or Triple dog. Smoked more. ran 150-200 degrees hotter.
this was on my truck (but many others have said it ran hotter on their truck)
I stated earlier that all trucks run a little different.
aside for looks and cool graphics the trinity doesnt do what others on the market already do. Definitely not the most advanced.
teh Bully dog GT does all the same stuff and more and you can get it with the EGT probe for ~$650.
I gave diablo props where I could but when someone posts up looking for input and has questions on which to get, I add my experience, what I have read and comparisons I made when looking for setups.
When Diablo first introduced the trinity I logged onto their site to check it out to purchase. But I was disappointed

you can bash Bully dog all you want but there are alot more people making more power with the bully dog than with the diablo

Old 10-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #35
Mike@Diablo

Member`s Gallery
IMO, for $599, you really cant touch the features of the Trinity.

Just the ability to set LED gauge alarms for any PID you choose brings safety to the table. We've never tried to set the world on fire with the absolute most powerful tunes, as we like to err on the side of caution, while still making good, safe power.

561-908-0040
Visit our NEW website!

Old 10-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #36
Mike@Diablo

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Unless you have a newer truck with built in EGT, you would need a probe.

Our unit is set up for plug and play, although any of the popular 0-5v output EGT probes can be used, they may require a bit of extra configuring...

561-908-0040
Visit our NEW website!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #37
GOD RAM IT

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablo View Post
IMO, for $599, you really cant touch the features of the Trinity.

Just the ability to set LED gauge alarms for any PID you choose brings safety to the table. We've never tried to set the world on fire with the absolute most powerful tunes, as we like to err on the side of caution, while still making good, safe power.
$600 and it still doesnt monitor EGTs.

not to bash but, do you guys do any market research?

Old 10-09-2009, 03:41 AM   #38
Boostediesel

Name: Boostediesel
Title: Boost Addict
Member`s Gallery
the Trinity also has an SD card port, so you can keep on hand different tunes. does any other programmer/tuner do that?nope. as far as the Bullydog GT or PMT goes you still have to buy the egt probe for them. i am gonna run the Trinity. hey Mike i live 45 minutes away from you, i cant get my computer to work with my predator, can i come to your shop and get the updates and some custom tunes?

Old 10-09-2009, 05:35 AM   #39
GOD RAM IT

Member`s Gallery
the cost of the egt probe and the GT equals the end cost of the trinity without the egt probe.
the GT and PMT has a sd port as well, that is how you update them. If the trinity can keep seperate tunes on a sd card and you can change them then that would be one of the only useful things it can do and others cant
really I dont want to argue this anymore, our arguments are made. I am just presenting fact and experience to a question someone had.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #40
Mike@Diablo

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostediesel View Post
the Trinity also has an SD card port, so you can keep on hand different tunes. does any other programmer/tuner do that?nope. as far as the Bullydog GT or PMT goes you still have to buy the egt probe for them. i am gonna run the Trinity. hey Mike i live 45 minutes away from you, i cant get my computer to work with my predator, can i come to your shop and get the updates and some custom tunes?
You should not have any problems, but if so, give me a call, worst case, yes, you can come by here and I'll update it for you no prob.

561-908-0040
Visit our NEW website!

Closed Thread