24v monoterm pistons in 12v?

Application means everything when building a high performance engine. So it is on topic.

Not trying to be rude this is being said in the upmost respectful manner as i am thankful for any responses i get, but How does application factor into how to run 24v pistons in a 12v? It could be a daily driver or a farm tractor, the main question is how would u achieve getting the spray into the bowl, why does it matter what the engines going to be used for to answer that? I understand rpm would be a factor but not for the reason you brought up, internal balance of an engine shouldnt make a difference as to what spray angle it takes to match a set bowl design.

well if you change the bowl youll change the swirl, for one. And that 12v head is more restrictive in order to make more swirl. So part-load operation may become laggy and smokey since the fuel isnt being completely burned.
The 24v head is less restrictive and makes less swirl and with a ppump injecting at a lower pressure you may never get it to run exactly how you want it.
And monotherms arent something Id buy for a street truck, thats some serious coin.. more like a puller mod. If youre building a puller you want airflow, lots of it. swirl probably isnt an issue.

I would however like to maybe keep this somewhat on topic tho. I understand my application doesnt call for monotherm's but since the info is not out there yet can those who know a thing or two about using 24v pistons in a 12v give some insight to what sorta bowl design/timing/spray angel youd use regardless of what my application is.

The people who know these answers are not likely to answer these questions for free. You have gotten some very good advise from people who know "a thing or two" and dismiss it for what you think is best? Good luck with your build, I have a feeling it will be a pipe dream like so many others we have seen.

theres a lot of trial and error dyno time that goes into these builds. personally Id give out any info I had, but Im not racing the truck so I dont care.

The people who know these answers are not likely to answer these questions for free. You have gotten some very good advise from people who know "a thing or two" and dismiss it for what you think is best? Good luck with your build, I have a feeling it will be a pipe dream like so many others we have seen.

I dont recall once dsmissing anything or claiming monotherms are best for my engine, i actualy stated at the end of the last page that aluminum would be beneficial in my application as id be running higher rpms. And infact in the first original post i stated i "liked the idea of running monotherm's" as i know there are better lighter options out there. I also went on to ask smokem to elaborate more on anodized forged pistons as i was interested in it.

But all that was besides the main point of this thread, it was not me asking if monotherms will work for my application, the question was how to get 24v pistons to work in a 12v engine.

So please tell me were i "dissmissed info given to me becuase what i think is best" and ill gladly shove my foot in my mouth and appologize to whoever i acted rudely toward.

Back