727 Converter

xtreme8504

Paid for by ME
Can anybody give me a wise word on a tighter converter for a 727? Its in an early 91, 4x4 thats has become a "stock class" puller. So far this year she's gotten me 2 first place trophies, 1 second, and 2 thirds. For now its an untouched engine with a twisted pump and a lil timing, and I run a 305/70/16 BFG AT. 3.08 gears:bang

the 518 i just pulled out of my 89 the converter i had, had the internals from a backhoe, stall was very very low.

Can anybody give me a wise word on a tighter converter for a 727? Its in an early 91, 4x4 thats has become a "stock class" puller. So far this year she's gotten me 2 first place trophies, 1 second, and 2 thirds. For now its an untouched engine with a twisted pump and a lil timing, and I run a 305/70/16 BFG AT. 3.08 gears:bang

i would get in touch with Dave Goerend for a good converter for a 1st Gen. When i get mine built, that's who I'm going to. I've heard nothing but good things about him, and he is always busy, which is usually a good thing.

He also has a lifetime warranty on his converter, so if you blow it up, you can send it back, and he'll get you another one. Very good guy to deal with. I've had a couple conversations with him, and he knows a whole lot.

I second that. Dave's not scared to work with a non-lockup converter and stands behind his work 100%.

Yep, Dave Goerend is the man. I would suggest going ahead with a better flexplate too, as I have heard they arent very strong in the 1st gen's. Not sure on the shafts, I guess it depends on the power you are running through it.

Eric

Back