Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 94-98 2nd Gen. 12V
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 05:21 PM   #1
Bersaglieri

Name: Bersaglieri
Title: Ron Swanson's Brother
Member`s Gallery
MITUSA vs Modded Stock Pump in a Farm/Workhorse Truck

I've been in need of some fuel pressure for a while now. I've got 50psi or so at idle, but on pulls it'll go to 0psi. I shimmed/spring'ed the stock OFV which helped but didn't fix the issue. As I recall shimming raised the idle psi and simply reached zero later in the pull.

I've got a MITUSA [Fuel Boss] belt driven pump here but I'm reading it's not supposed to pull through filter head setups like the ones I planned to install. Something else I read was some were using electric pumps to prime it on start up due to leak down? I'm thinking it's overkill for my power level and more complicated than I want for what I do.

What do you guys think about a PDD or modded stock pump [Comp 975 spring] and using the factory filter system after the lift pump as an alternative? Can I simply install the $4 spring in my stock pump or do I need a fresh one to work with? This should cover my fuel needs while being relatively simple and reliable, just how I like my 12v stuff.

If I do this I was planning on a Beans sump, 1/2" fuel line to the lift pump and a Tork Tek OFV I've had for a while.

180hp pump Mack plug, AFC work, and 4000GSK, 5x.014 .010 lift, HX35-14 and HT3B-26 compounds, G56 trans, 17.5 timing. [7mm delivery valves to install once fuel is available]. It's mostly a work/farm truck. I tow with it, sometimes take long trips and...occasionally goof off.
1994 - LT1 - 4L80e - Moser

Old 05-11-2020, 06:31 PM   #2
56cummins

Name: 56cummins
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
You could try your current pump, but its probably tired.

Closed Thread