Windshield seal?

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Noticed recently water stain on headliner of my 2012 3500.....and along with the typical stink of a water leak.

I can't find a seal kit for the windshield anywhere online and safelite autoglass won't replace just the seal they want over $300+ for a new windshield.

Anyone have a part #? From looking at the windshield apparently the top seal flew off while driving! It's missing so I have no clue where it went.

And it has been raining 2-3 days a week for the last several months so the issue is compounding with letting the water in.

Noticed recently water stain on headliner of my 2012 3500.....and along with the typical stink of a water leak.

I can't find a seal kit for the windshield anywhere online and safelite autoglass won't replace just the seal they want over $300+ for a new windshield.

Anyone have a part #? From looking at the windshield apparently the top seal flew off while driving! It's missing so I have no clue where it went.

And it has been raining 2-3 days a week for the last several months so the issue is compounding with letting the water in.

You sure it's not the cab or cargo lights?

I have a windshield guy that is great to work with. I shot him a message to see if he thought you two could work out something. When I hear back from him I will PM you.

It very well could be clearance lights.

I attached a photo of the missing seal...would think that would be the first place to start. But everywhere I call they make it seem like an elusive proprietary part...

Attachments

• 20190104_144050.jpg
    20190104_144050.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 0
One day I clicked my light to turn it on and water poured out. One of my lights was loose. I tightened it and never had another issue.

One day I clicked my light to turn it on and water poured out. One of my lights was loose. I tightened it and never had another issue.

I had the exact same thing on my 12V. Couldn't find new seals. Bought some Recon ones with new seals. Issue went away.
Not to say that's the issue here.

I would use a water hose to verify it is the windshield leaking. The windshields are sealed with an adhesive that is pretty thick.

I dont think your missing a seal unless the 12 is different then 14 which I highly doubt. And ours dont leak

Last edited:
Not sure where the XM radio antenna is drilled into the cab if you have one, but water leaks from those have plagued the newest body style GM HD trucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

^ On a 12 it’s in the back.

Yes check your marker lamps. You’re not missing any type of seal on the windshield.

Back