New shop being built

Wow this is amazing. Maybe some day. I figure I've got about 40 years to try something this awesome.

Wow this is amazing. Maybe some day. I figure I've got about 40 years to try something this awesome.

Do it as young as you can so its paid for and you can enjoy it. I am hoping to be done this winter/spring which puts this as a 3yr project but it has been pay as I go. So when its done I can fill it up and not have to worry about paying for it.

Good plan! I'm hoping to be doing something 1/3 this scale by the time I'm 35. I got 7 years... :Cheer:

I like the radiant floor heating. If i ever get to build a shop that is the only type of heat I will use. Is there a spec on how close or far apart the piping has to be? It looks to me like there is no rhyme or reason to your piping. Not that I am knocking, just curious.

I would just think lay it one direction spaced every 12"-16" like studs would be sufficient? Maybe I'm wrong.

I like the radiant floor heating. If i ever get to build a shop that is the only type of heat I will use. Is there a spec on how close or far apart the piping has to be? It looks to me like there is no rhyme or reason to your piping. Not that I am knocking, just curious.

I would just think lay it one direction spaced every 12"-16" like studs would be sufficient? Maybe I'm wrong.

6" of the outside wall then 12" apart after that. Runs of 1/2" pex should not be longer then 300'. That is the reason for the runs the way they are. They make a program to figure out how to run it to have equal amount of feet in each run.

6" of the outside wall then 12" apart after that. Runs of 1/2" pex should not be longer then 300'. That is the reason for the runs the way they are. They make a program to figure out how to run it to have equal amount of feet in each run.

So how do you connect all of those loose ends? Have some sort of distribution header and a return header?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3c4ff2e081ed915c913cf75f8cb3160d.jpg

fb07d090ed4c5fcde70e78a9b9642b55.jpg
8f5a7aea779e514e4ac427c0375cd36a.jpg

Insulating and framing walls for the liner panel. I scored 200 sheets of free 2" foam board so installing it before the fiberglass insulation for a total of R27 value int the walls!

Finally on the home stretch. I opted for 4' T-5 6 bulb fixtures. Ended getting them for $83 a piece with bulbs @ BADWLighting.com

Back