Mark Nixon, Not even once.

I'm in the salvage business, (not automotive) I can see both sides of this pretty clearly. All discrepancies in the story aside, I guess if I was in this predicament I would owe a guy the difference between a good engine and a core engine with a cracked block.

Bottom line is that the engine wasn't worth what is was originally valued at, and that difference should be dealt with accordingly.

I buy from Mark a good bit. Sometimes he doesn't know (for sure) the condition and he lets me know. I've gotten probably 2 faulty parts (ecm, tipm, etc.). He sent me another, if he had one and once the issue was fixed, I sent the faulty one along with the core. We've probably had 30+ transactions over the years.
Now, if you get stupid with him, I could see him going left and I'm the same with my customers! LOL

I buy from Mark a good bit. Sometimes he doesn't know (for sure) the condition and he lets me know. I've gotten probably 2 faulty parts (ecm, tipm, etc.). He sent me another, if he had one and once the issue was fixed, I sent the faulty one along with the core. We've probably had 30+ transactions over the years.
Now, if you get stupid with him, I could see him going left and I'm the same with my customers! LOL

I've tried to work with Mark and keep my cool. Its pretty hard when every time we have talked he ends up screaming. We have gone back and forth a few times but I'm really not the one being stupid with him.

Note: I'm still trying to work out a solution with Mark.

This was his wish for me to "go run your mouth on the internet." He word for word asked for this..

... At the end of the day, brothers will be brothers... I feel like my personal life can stay out of this, more or less no.

I'm in the salvage business, (not automotive) I can see both sides of this pretty clearly. All discrepancies in the story aside, I guess if I was in this predicament I would owe a guy the difference between a good engine and a core engine with a cracked block.

Bottom line is that the engine wasn't worth what is was originally valued at, and that difference should be dealt with accordingly.

So, good engine minus a block = new block.
Yep, that math checks out. If they’d settle on when and how, all would be solved!

Compd needs an optional mediator for all transactions. Pay 3% extra to PayPal, 2% to compdizzle middle man and viola.

Last edited:
Yep, that math checks out. If they’d settle on when and how, all would be solved!

Compd needs an optional mediator for all transactions. Pay 3% extra to PayPal, 2% to compdizzle middle man and viola.

In my opinion the value difference would be more that the value of a used bare block.

Mark was met in person and handed cash (to my knowledge)

We have started using PayPal or CC for in-person transactions. %3 is a small fee to pay that would have been well worth it.

48390458_10213274428116299_6767027656987770880_n.jpg

Image of broken intake plenum bolts on head.

x2 exactly. Mark sold a 'working engine'. And it was not a working engine. He shouldn't be responsible for any machine work, or anything else, but I would think he'd owe the difference between a core and running engine, like you said.

If the engine wasn't touched and the damage was noticed during disassembly, they should have sorted it out right there and swapped for a good engine. Obviously it didn't go down that way.

All that said, I don't think I'd turn to a forum to try and peer pressure a business deal.

Good luck guys! :Cheer:

The cracks in the block were noticed after only the head and accessories (block insulation, CP3, etc) were removed. At this point, the short block was considered un-usable, and the head was placed black on the motor and put in storage at the shop.

Currently, the head is off. The entire short block is assembled in the corner of the shop and has never been disassembled beyond the point its currently at.

Not trying to turn this into a peer pressure business deal. This is up as a warning for everyone on here to avoid dealing with Mark. If Mark wants to make this right it is up to him.

The cracks in the block were noticed after only the head and accessories (block insulation, CP3, etc) were removed. At this point, the short block was considered un-usable, and the head was placed black on the motor and put in storage at the shop.

Currently, the head is off. The entire short block is assembled in the corner of the shop and has never been disassembled beyond the point its currently at.

Not trying to turn this into a peer pressure business deal. This is up as a warning for everyone on here to avoid dealing with Mark. If Mark wants to make this right it is up to him.

Here's an easy solution.....

94be35fb895fc0d17a50f700f363ebbb--engine-coffee-table-cool-coffee-tables.jpg

Top-Gear-engine-coffee-table-doubles-as-a-TV-stand.jpg

Here's an easy solution.....

94be35fb895fc0d17a50f700f363ebbb--engine-coffee-table-cool-coffee-tables.jpg

Top-Gear-engine-coffee-table-doubles-as-a-TV-stand.jpg

I already have a couple blocks with holes, bored out to the max and even a foam mockup block for that.

We build a lot of custom wiring harnesses, so it might get used for advanced mockup at some point but for now the foam block works great.

Cracked block went from silicone to flex sealed over.

Either or... It's darn near the same stuff. I'll cut some off and send you a sample if you want to be the expert and decide between the two. (If Mark approves)

Either way its a non-hardening. Silicone/Flexseal type of material.

They could have at least used JB weld..

It just amazes me how ethics slide, under the guise of "personal sale" or "used parts" or "salvage condition"....

It just amazes me how ethics slide, under the guise of "personal sale" or "used parts" or "salvage condition"....

What amazes me is how someone attempts to smear someone based off a fluke. Either way, the OP has achieved what he wanted and brought attention to an issue he felt went sideways.

News flash people, customers AREN'T ALWAYS RIGHT.

Hey Mark how many thousands of dollars do you think you've sold this year alone?

This obviously isn't even a parts motor let alone anything close to a drop in good runner. Mark you and your supporters are acting in a pathetic delusional manner. You did this to a fellow member on here, take it back and refund him. If there are good parts on it you are in the business and can part it out.

Back