Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 07:38 PM   #1
Boosted Bulldog

Name: Boosted Bulldog
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
12 Valve Question

Hey Guys!

I am switching gears due to finding a late 97 12 valve with the 215 pump. Plus Jeff from Mumau convinced me. This is probably an elementary question. What is the brain box for on the passenger side firewall on my 97 2500? I removed the cab and front clip today and un-bolted it from the firewall. Thanks for the help.
Brent

Old 12-01-2018, 07:50 PM   #2
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
It controls functions like charging, grid heaters, transmission (on autos) and some basic diagnostics related to engine sensors.

Mark.

Last edited by Mark Nixon; 12-01-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
Boosted Bulldog

Name: Boosted Bulldog
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Mark,
Thanks for responding. Would I need this for a 12 valve swap into an old Mack truck?

Old 12-03-2018, 07:11 AM   #4
Jl12valve

Name: Jl12valve
Title: unfaithful CF user
Member`s Gallery
Depends on what you are trying to transfer over into the Mack. If you just want to run a 12valve it’s very simple to add a manual shutoff and starter switch. If its an auto I’d recommend running the computer for simplicity.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:39 PM   #5
gman99

Name: gman99
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Also if you don't use the computer you will need to install an external voltage regulator for the alternator as that function is performed by the PCM.
98 QCLB 4x4 12V, ARP625+ Studs, 14mm mains NonIC pistons, Ported head, Marine Cam, Hamilton Pushrods and Tappets, BeeHive springs HE351cw over Billet S475, 4KGSK, 5X.018's, 7mm DV's, 24 Degrees Timing, 5" Exhaust, TCS Input, DPC Converter, Firepunk Competition Rebuild Kit

Closed Thread