Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > F1 Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:28 PM   #21
HIGH TECH RAM

Name: HIGH TECH RAM
Title: Haters!
Member`s Gallery
You think like me bro! You'll be very happy with it. I'm gonna dyno it in the spring so we'll find out

Old 12-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #22
EPA Violator

Name: EPA Violator
Title: CR Wrencher
Member`s Gallery
I did 780 with 3.3's and the same twin setup you are going with. Yes, this was with PPE dual pumps. I also might add that my dyno graph was ALL JACKED UP, my clutch slipped very badly, I am fixing that this winter. I am confident I will make 820 or more with this setup, which I think is the most made so far by anyone with 3.3's. (If I am wrong my apologies) Trust me with this much power you can set the wheels to spinning at 60 mph, it is nothing short of nasty wicked. The tuning is super easy too, or at least was on my truck. I used Smarty TNT on 4 K, SW 7, mild tq mgt, mod rail p, and the Power Puck on the low setting. You absolutely HAVE to use a pressure box to maximize your results. Even with dual pumps without the pressure box I could only maintain 21 K rail p. This isn't due to draining the rail but is a consequence of the programming, you have to fool the ecm into having a higher pressure head when using larger injectors and programming with very long duration. Good luck and you will have a blast. Oh, and if you ever seen a plain jane black quadcab rolling coal with "GOT BOOST" on the back window kindly cut me some slack please. Jay

Old 12-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #23
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPA Violator View Post
I did 780 with 3.3's and the same twin setup you are going with. Yes, this was with PPE dual pumps. I also might add that my dyno graph was ALL JACKED UP, my clutch slipped very badly, I am fixing that this winter. I am confident I will make 820 or more with this setup, which I think is the most made so far by anyone with 3.3's. (If I am wrong my apologies) Trust me with this much power you can set the wheels to spinning at 60 mph, it is nothing short of nasty wicked. The tuning is super easy too, or at least was on my truck. I used Smarty TNT on 4 K, SW 7, mild tq mgt, mod rail p, and the Power Puck on the low setting. You absolutely HAVE to use a pressure box to maximize your results. Even with dual pumps without the pressure box I could only maintain 21 K rail p. This isn't due to draining the rail but is a consequence of the programming, you have to fool the ecm into having a higher pressure head when using larger injectors and programming with very long duration. Good luck and you will have a blast. Oh, and if you ever seen a plain jane black quadcab rolling coal with "GOT BOOST" on the back window kindly cut me some slack please. Jay

Dude!!!! Just hearing you talk about it is making my mouth water....I can't freakin wait!!!

So you didn't even go over SW7 huh??? Wow....
I do have an MP8 so I will have easy tuning there..

820.....Whoa!!! that would be Really sweet....I honestly don't need quite that much...But I'll dang sure take it!!!!

As for stopping ya.......Nah, You don't have to worry bout me that way!!!
I can honestly say, I've never wrote a citation to any Diesel truck or motorcycle ..........Kinda my personal rule I live by.......Now if they were being reckless and could possibly hurt/kill someone, well then of course I'd have to do my job....

Thanks for the post man!!!
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 12-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #24
mudder500

Name: mudder500
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
People make more power on 7 then 9 from what I been reading

Old 12-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #25
Billyram

Name: Billyram
Member`s Gallery
Big Swole you ain't got that thing back together yet!!!
Don't pay too much for a cp3. I have the one I took off my truck I'll let you have right when you'r ready. It's the Floor It stage I that I made 600 hp with.
SunCoast ProLoc
II Dragonflows
Wicked's Dragonslayer
Smarty

Old 12-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #26
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyram View Post
Big Swole you ain't got that thing back together yet!!!
Don't pay too much for a cp3. I have the one I took off my truck I'll let you have right when you'r ready. It's the Floor It stage I that I made 600 hp with.

The problem has been waiting on all the dang parts (Block, Head, Cam&Tappets, Injectors, etc.).....

Got everything except the Head and Injectors back....Should be soon though....We start building the block back tommorow...=)

I'll pm you about the cp3....thanks...
-HERS

Old 12-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #27
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudder500 View Post
People make more power on 7 then 9 from what I been reading

Yeah, starting to see that myself....

I guess that's because of the big injectors an having a difficult time building pressure with SW9.....

I'll have to be de-tuning it anyway for the Quick Diesel class....I imagine that with everything maxed out, I'll be faster than 12.00's.....

But it will be fun to play while maxed!!!!!
-HERS

Old 12-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #28
EPA Violator

Name: EPA Violator
Title: CR Wrencher
Member`s Gallery
It seemed to me that 9 stretched the duration out enough so that rail p was an issue, BUT that was before I added the pressure box, so maybe with the added pressure 9 would make more power. But honestly, I feel I can do 820 on 7, but I will of course try 9. It does seem as though I am lucky enough to have one of those trucks that seems to make more power than expected for the given fuel but I ain't complaining. Jay

Old 12-21-2008, 10:32 AM   #29
triton

Name: triton
Title: Scarlet Fever
Member`s Gallery
I've run the Smarty on 9, 7 isn't much different, timing on 2, RP on 1, MP-8 100%

Dave, how you tune the truck will depend on how it's set up. You can't go by what everyone it telling you because your truck is " your " truck. It will react different from others.

You're just gonna have to put it back together and start playing with the different levels of the Smarty. What works on others truck may not work on yours.

My injectors are a little bigger than the 3.3's and "IMO", you will need the second CP3.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #30
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by triton View Post
I've run the Smarty on 9, 7 isn't much different, timing on 2, RP on 1, MP-8 100%

Dave, how you tune the truck will depend on how it's set up. You can't go by what everyone it telling you because your truck is " your " truck. It will react different from others.

You're just gonna have to put it back together and start playing with the different levels of the Smarty. What works on others truck may not work on yours.

My injectors are a little bigger than the 3.3's and "IMO", you will need the second CP3.

Yup...Will have to spend some time with it....

Planning out getting the second cp3....If I'm gonna do it, might as well do it RIGHT!!!
-HERS

Old 03-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #31
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
I just wanted to update my old thread after some experience with the Flux 3.3's!!

Wow!!! First off, the power is just awesome!!! They did 766 on the dyno but my track times, weight, and m.p.h. suggest that's its putting more like 800 to the ground......

I don't have any video yet because this just happened Friday night and we were rushing but My very first pass on this new build was a 11.477@117.88 mph......I'm told by Jeff Garmon and about 10 other people watching that besides just a little black smoke at spool on the line, That it was TOTALLY CLEAN all the way down the track!!! He said there would have be NO difference in looks between my truck and a Gasser going down the track....Seriously!!

As for street driving, Man I just leave it on KILL All the time (with the exception of my MP8 pressure box to save my injectors) and I can totally drive smoke free...If I want smoke, I have to let up and then stab it at low boost!! No having to change programs just to drive daily....Load up KILL, and leave it be.....

I'm Very impressed with the F1 products, as I have the Billet H2 cam as well......For those searching for the most power and Cleanest at that...Be looking into a set of Flux injectors!!!!

No, i wasn't paid for saying this either!!!

Don's just got a great product line!!
-HERS

Old 04-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #32
joelc79

Name: joelc79
Member`s Gallery
good to know. i got my big stick installed and i'm over fueled. Have to go twins

Old 06-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #33
moparcars1

Name: moparcars1
Member`s Gallery
How about another update on this... DD, track times, settings, hp, etc. I will be running the same set up. Thanks Aaron

Old 06-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #34
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparcars1 View Post
How about another update on this... DD, track times, settings, hp, etc. I will be running the same set up. Thanks Aaron

Well, so far the 3.3's have been awesome....but I have been chasing a bit of a problem recently...Had a turbo issue that I don't think is quite fixed properly yet so that may be it....

Checking the injectors as we speak...just to make sure they are ok....I broke an input shaft as well (Big power did that!!!!)

But if you going F1 Flux 3.3's I'm going to say that you'll be freakin amazed at the power and little smoke!!! BTW, with the 3.3's I can leave Everything on KILL (Except pressure...)and daily drive without a problem!!!!!!!!!

Keep us updated on your build!!!!

Welcome to CompD!!!!!!!
-HERS

Old 07-16-2009, 08:11 PM   #35
moparcars1

Name: moparcars1
Member`s Gallery
Thank you. I will be having the same set up as you. A 62/71/13 over a S480, flux 3.3's or maybe up to 4's but cant decide, dual pumps, smarty, and mp-8. But this is my DD so it has to stay driveable and be able to tow a little bit.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:32 PM   #36
Big Swole

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparcars1 View Post
Thank you. I will be having the same set up as you. A 62/71/13 over a S480, flux 3.3's or maybe up to 4's but cant decide, dual pumps, smarty, and mp-8. But this is my DD so it has to stay driveable and be able to tow a little bit.

Sweet.....Keep us posted on what ya do......If you gonna tow, I'd stay 4's or below.....

My injectors should be back by Friday I hope.....I believe Don upgraded them to 3.8's for me.....But they didn't find any majors probs that could cause my issues, so I'm gonna stick them back in and see If I can chase down the source of my problem.....
-HERS

Closed Thread