Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Goerend Transmission Inc
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #21
BigPapa

Name: BigPapa
Title: Truckless
Member`s Gallery
I called today @ 4:30, pushed "1" for sales, and talked to Denise for @ 20 minutes trying to find a recommended shop for a guy in the Chicago area. No problems. And yes Chris, she busted me. Someone's already sent them this thread.

I've called them MANY times and 80% of the time Denise answers, and the other 20% of the time she calls back generally in less than 30-45 minutes. If you're wanting to buy a tranny, Denise is who you need to talk to. Her job is sales and she's very good at it. If you have a technical question, then you need to talk to Craig or Dave. You'll probably talk to Craig. He's handling the majority of the tech calls now. If you're insisting on talking to Dave, then there's your problem.

2003 Avalanche Z71

Common sense is like deodorant. The people that need it most never use it.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #22
f6jbob

Name: f6jbob
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapa View Post
I called today @ 4:30, pushed "1" for sales, and talked to Denise for @ 20 minutes trying to find a recommended shop for a guy in the Chicago area. No problems. And yes Chris, she busted me. Someone's already sent them this thread.

I've called them MANY times and 80% of the time Denise answers, and the other 20% of the time she calls back generally in less than 30-45 minutes. If you're wanting to buy a tranny, Denise is who you need to talk to. Her job is sales and she's very good at it. If you have a technical question, then you need to talk to Craig or Dave. You'll probably talk to Craig. He's handling the majority of the tech calls now. If you're insisting on talking to Dave, then there's your problem.
^^True dat^^
2006 RCSB Dodge Goerend tranny and converter, Stainless Diesel twins and exhaust manifold, B&B intake manifold, T&C Diesel CP3, rail and dual prv, Hellman intercooler, Porting by Joker Fabrication, Isspro Performax gauges, AirDog fuel pump. Supported by Pure Diesel Power, Garmons Diesel Performance, Blacks Diesel Performance and above vendors.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #23
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
AFAIK there are three sections and three people you may need to speak with....

Sales= Denise
Tech= Craig
Converters= Dave.

Epically post by a dumb phone.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #24
dieselduck

Name: dieselduck
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

Trust me BigPapa, they are aware of who I am, and my situation. They were aware of me long before this tread. They Simply Do Not Care.
To play it "safe" I'm not going to post on this subject anymore.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #25
Blacksdieselhp

Name: Blacksdieselhp
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I just replaced one of their trannies under warranty that was 100k miles out of warranty. And they did anyway. I have replaced 5 year old solenoids under warranty at Dave's request also. Been deailng with them for years, and I still cannot believe how far they go to please their customers.

Crate Engines, Transmissions, Turbos, Tuning, Fueling, Exhaust, Etc
Direct Dealer for Borg Warner Turbos

Old 07-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #26
BigPapa

Name: BigPapa
Title: Truckless
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselduck View Post
Trust me BigPapa, they are aware of who I am, and my situation. They were aware of me long before this tread. They Simply Do Not Care.
To play it "safe" I'm not going to post on this subject anymore.
Sorry, I don't buy it. There's much more to the story than your telling if that's the case. Why in the world would they go above and beyond for so many people and then decide they just don't care about you?

2003 Avalanche Z71

Common sense is like deodorant. The people that need it most never use it.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #27
CSnyder

Name: CSnyder
Title: Snyder-Motorsports
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksdieselhp View Post
I just replaced one of their trannies under warranty that was 100k miles out of warranty. And they did anyway. I have replaced 5 year old solenoids under warranty at Dave's request also. Been deailng with them for years, and I still cannot believe how far they go to please their customers.
Quote:
Sorry, I don't buy it. There's much more to the story than your telling if that's the case. Why in the world would they go above and beyond for so many people and then decide they just don't care about you?
I couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!!

There is a HUGE difference between cocky and confident when it comes to engine building.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #28
CPSimpson

Name: CPSimpson
Member`s Gallery
I have been using Dave's trans ans his parts for 6 years now, my first trans i drove out to his shop 9 hours one way on a Sunday and he put me up in a house. I got to watch him build the converter and valve body and he let me help R and R the trans. 90k miles later i had some wear issues and I always kept everything adjusted, good fluid, but beat on the trans hard. Dave overnighted the parts to one of his local builders under warranty.

I have got phone calls from Dave and Craig in the evenings and Saturday and Sunday's. Their service is why i continue to use their parts......so there has to be more to the story.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #29
Smokinrebel

Name: Smokinrebel
Member`s Gallery
Dave rocks, ive never seen a business owner go as far out of their way to make things right for people like dave did for me. Long story short i had an on going issue with a trans for years back due to the people who built it, not dave...but he spent several conversations on phone with me on his ride home from work walking me throw stuff while iw as working on my trans...just awesome guy

Old 07-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #30
f6jbob

Name: f6jbob
Member`s Gallery
..but he spent several conversations on phone with me on his ride home from work walking me throw stuff while iw as working on my trans...just awesome guy[/QUOTE]

Just a fyi, Dave lives a block from his business. He either rides a bike or walks 90% of the time. Good info on his willingness to help others.
2006 RCSB Dodge Goerend tranny and converter, Stainless Diesel twins and exhaust manifold, B&B intake manifold, T&C Diesel CP3, rail and dual prv, Hellman intercooler, Porting by Joker Fabrication, Isspro Performax gauges, AirDog fuel pump. Supported by Pure Diesel Power, Garmons Diesel Performance, Blacks Diesel Performance and above vendors.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #31
LaserBob

Name: LaserBob
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
[/QUOTE]
Just a fyi, Dave lives a block from his business. He either rides a bike or walks 90% of the time. Good info on his willingness to help others.[/QUOTE]

ST Lucas is not very big.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #32
CSnyder

Name: CSnyder
Title: Snyder-Motorsports
Member`s Gallery
Just a fyi, Dave lives a block from his business. He either rides a bike or walks 90% of the time. Good info on his willingness to help others.[/QUOTE]

ST Lucas is not very big.[/QUOTE]

The biggest part of the town is the hospitality...pretty much sums it up for all of NE Iowa!

There is a HUGE difference between cocky and confident when it comes to engine building.

Closed Thread