Compounds build thread hoping for 600

I have a set of 035s I came across I want to try out sometime here in not too long. I’m thinking of using the 3b to build the piping and then sell it, and then build the bw set and leave it or the 4202 under there. At least then I’ll have made the pipes and can keep measurements and templates to maybe make a few piping kits up to sell on eBay or something. I’m pretty busy with my getting my Pete ready for winter and running as much as I can for now. I should get to this stuff here in the next month or so.

I’m happy with my 67.7 and 88 setup it spools great. Although I am wanting to sell it with all the piping to go to a gt55 on the mani

You preferred the stainless diesel manifold over the Steed Speed because of looks and flow? And the Steed Speed manifold dropped your exhaust temps over the Stainless Diesel?

Just trying to make sense of your post and which you found to have greater benefit.

I sold the unused stainless for several reasons. One is because of customer "service". The other was the ports are cast 24v round and the way they attempted to tapper it into a 12v rectangle was disappointing to say the least. The thing needed significant port work to be considered acceptable in my eyes. So, I called them to ask if porting would void my warranty. I think I got one "we will call you back with an answer and after that 6+ unanswered or returned calls and messages. Then I called Steed Speed. Steed answered the phone and all my questions. Their manifold did not need port work or anything what so ever, and was honestly too beautiful to be bolted to greasy motor in my ugly farm truck. The ports look like a $1500 CNC head port!

I though I made a thread about this, but maybe I didn't. I have alot of pictures showing the differences, caliper measurements, and maybe even a volume of each manifold. I think I also included the ported 3 piece in the comparison.

My EGT comparison is against a ported 3 piece manifold.

Hope that helps.

Back