New shop being built

Cheaper, and id have to say faster and stronger but I could be wrong.

One thing I can see is definately faster... what about insulation? We get a little cold here in the winter, so insulation is a must.. one thing that I can see that would be a huge advantage for me would be the quickness of getting it up

I like the prefabbed steel ones myself. Everything comes pre-drilled, all hardware is included, and a set of dwgs. Just start throwing it up. $.02

I like your new wood one too. :D

One downfall to metal is the purchase cost,, and then the pain in the but of insulation, among other things

I priced spray on insulation, roughly 12k. I'm just going to run 8' wide rolls of insulation with the heavy white backing like they use on the steel buildings. I will be putting steel on the inside walls and ceiling then i will blow in insulation in the ceiling. A steel building this size was double in cost and that is with a 1.12 or 2.12 pitch roof. Also it would screw me up with bay spacing unless I wanted to spend a lot mor money.. I like the looks of the 1' over hangs and I feel it will fit better beings close to my house.

8uhymaty.jpg

dytehy6y.jpg

u6y9u9eh.jpg

Shop is looking good. What's the size on it? Do you have any completed pictures of it?

50x72x16 Still in the process of building. Garage doors will be here next week and I'm re-steeling the old garage to match the new one. Ill get some more pics over the weekend.

Going to re-steel the old garage roof this weekend and hoping to re- steel the sides next weekend so it will all match.

Last edited:
New building turn key(concrete, finished interior walls, Lights, electric, heated floor(already have outdoor wood stove for the BTU's), and a/c)without any equipment around 75k. Refinishing old building and lean-to of the back roughly 7,500. That is with me and buddies doing all the work with the exception of a neighbor which I gave him A 2000 Harley Duece to over see and help with this project. He is also going to do the addition and 28x38 garage off the house. So all in all I made out mighty well.

Last edited:
Fukin' spammers.

Good looking and good sized structure you've got going up! Sure wish I had the cash and space to do something a quarter of that size haha.

Back