Best shocks on truck for towing

ramtough01

Have a 2006 3500 dodge crew cab dually. Do alot of hauling with it with a gooseneck and some roads around here ride like crap and next one is fine. Just seeing what everyone runs for shocks and what works better?

I have an 06 dually myself and put Monroe reflex all the way around and don't care for them one bit. I saw a friend of mine has fox shocks all the way around his 3rd gen and he said they are amazing so that was my next plan.

Watching. To the OP, do you have helper airbags on your truck? Mine could use new shocks as well, sound like we have similar uses, just my truck being 2nd gen 3/4 ton, but wondered if I needed something different than normal to account for the airbags?

I just picked up some Monroe shocks just haven't put them on. And I have air bag for the truck that I haven't put on. Thinking of doing that this week

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Others say they are over rated but I love bilstein. I don't have a 3rd gen but I have had/have the 5100 on two of mine so far.
My dad runs them on his duramax and have several other friends who run them.

Fox all day, every day. The smooth body 2.0's are about $500 a set but worth every penny. Just put a set on my brothers 2014 4wd F250 and it was a night and day difference over the stock "Rancho" shocks.
A step up is the 2.0 reservoir shocks....these would benefit on really long trips where the shocks heat up since they run much cooler and maintain their composure better.
I run 2.5 resi's which are overkill for the street but damn do they ride nice. You're probably not looking to spend 2 grand on shocks though. LOL

Fox all day, every day. The smooth body 2.0's are about $500 a set but worth every penny. Just put a set on my brothers 2014 4wd F250 and it was a night and day difference over the stock "Rancho" shocks.
A step up is the 2.0 reservoir shocks....these would benefit on really long trips where the shocks heat up since they run much cooler and maintain their composure better.
I run 2.5 resi's which are overkill for the street but damn do they ride nice. You're probably not looking to spend 2 grand on shocks though. LOL

Yea I was giving parts store shocks lol

Yea be nice to have those but not for the price tag lol

Not to distract or take over the thread but I have kelderman air on the rear and was curious if I should try something in particular.

Others say they are over rated but I love bilstein. I don't have a 3rd gen but I have had/have the 5100 on two of mine so far.
My dad runs them on his duramax and have several other friends who run them.
I currently have the blue/yellow bilstein on mine now, big difference when I first put them on, but just haven't seemed right since the first winter. One of the fronts actually just blew out within the last couple weeks.

I currently have the blue/yellow bilstein on mine now, big difference when I first put them on, but just haven't seemed right since the first winter. One of the fronts actually just blew out within the last couple weeks.

Dad tried that route on his first and they didn't last. Went to 5100's and been good.,

I bought the 5100's because that's what everybody said to run and 2 of them didn't make it 5000mi.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The other 2 have been fine, I replaced the popped ones with some sort of Monroe and they've been ok.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great shocks for the money, but I've seen several sets (three different trucks in the last two years) start leaking oil within 10k.
They'll warranty them, but it comes with some fees. I forget the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it was over $100 a service per set.

Maybe they don't like MN winters?

I've had bilstein 5100's on my truck for at least 4 years. they work pretty well and haven't had any issues.

Great shocks for the money, but I've seen several sets (three different trucks in the last two years) start leaking oil within 10k.
They'll warranty them, but it comes with some fees. I forget the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it was over $100 a service per set.

Maybe they don't like MN winters?

The fox site has the recommended service cycles and I was surprised to see how short it is.

Back