Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #61
Jehri

Name: Jehri
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
I'm done chaseing "tales" of mystery & imagination, I'll keep what I have got,
have had it for over 6 years with only one update, that has proven to me that it's fantastic product, & still is,
no offence to anyone, this ole fox is getting out of the chicken coop, as I see there are still a few ruffled feathers here,
Sorry, but everyone of us has his/her opinion.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:41 PM   #62
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
an opinion without experience is called ignorance...
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Old 12-05-2007, 01:30 AM   #63
smoken02

Name: smoken02
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Ok, guy with an 02 here that doesnt understand this torgue management. With only having a drag comp am I going to find limits when moding my truck other than he vp?

R.I.P
02 Dodge QC/SB 4x4, Drag Comp,BD RAD, ARP studs, DDP HRVP44, HTT 62/71/14,SDX 200's,Killer B, Goerend trans,Billet input shaft, Billet Flexplate, AirdogII 200gph pump
13.16 @ 104mph 1/4 mile

Aaron

Old 12-05-2007, 08:15 AM   #64
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
to the best of my knowledge, tq mngmnt is chryslers way of saving transmissions and other driveline parts. the ecm recieves signals from the apps, speedo, brake, and trans. there may be more triggers and probably are. smarty, at least the S04 overcomes most of it it seems, but doesnt totally disable it. any 25 psi launch will tell you that. the less tq mngmnt you have the more responsive the throttle is, which is awesome for big singles, bad for stock drivelines. having no torque management would be like turning your throttle pedal into an on/off switch. once again this is torque management as i understand it, if im wrong or left anything out im sure someone will correct me.
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Old 12-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #65
Jetpilot

Name: Jetpilot
Title: Got Fuel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoken02
Ok, guy with an 02 here that doesnt understand this torgue management. With only having a drag comp am I going to find limits when moding my truck other than he vp?
You may see the TM that guys are talking about..... Normally it will start to rear its head around 500 RWHP but each truck is different. There are several fixes for the TM issue but most use the BD RAD.

Doug

Old 12-05-2007, 09:27 AM   #66
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
my 02 auto wouldnt launch or pull a serious load up a steep hill w/o hitting the torq management (tm).
the smarty completely eliminated it on my truck. stacked witha drag comp it can do a powerbrake which was IMPOSSIBLE w/o the smarty.

it feels like rev limiter when you mash the pedal it kinda cuts in and out at the upper revs. bah..bah..bah...bah then when it gets wheel speed it stops and accelerates as normal. it would also do it pulling shell out of the pit. 13000 lb plus truck and trailer it would actually slow down goin uphill unlessi put it in 4 wheel low. in the lower sw setting this is gone using the smarty. '

there is no other product that will let you drive as normal and eliminate the torq gard on on 01/02 diesel. there just aint. bottom line. a rad will but its hard to drive with the dash turned off everyday

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Old 12-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #67
JacktheBear3

Name: JacktheBear3
Title: Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef
my 02 auto wouldnt launch or pull a serious load up a steep hill w/o hitting the torq management (tm).
the smarty completely eliminated it on my truck. stacked witha drag comp it can do a powerbrake which was IMPOSSIBLE w/o the smarty.

it feels like rev limiter when you mash the pedal it kinda cuts in and out at the upper revs. bah..bah..bah...bah then when it gets wheel speed it stops and accelerates as normal. it would also do it pulling shell out of the pit. 13000 lb plus truck and trailer it would actually slow down goin uphill unlessi put it in 4 wheel low. in the lower sw setting this is gone using the smarty. '

there is no other product that will let you drive as normal and eliminate the torq gard on on 01/02 diesel. there just aint. bottom line. a rad will but its hard to drive with the dash turned off everyday
I agree with everything BEEF said here... that is my truck to a "T". So if that's not TM it's something and the Smarty does fix it. Like Beef mentioned the BD RAD also fixed it.... But know dash is the result of theBD RAD.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #68
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
dude i chased this torq man thing around for yr before i got the smarty cuz i didnt want a downloader.....mine werks flawlessly...cost a bunch o cake but it does what nuthin else wil so....

keep in mind it will only fix this issue in the higher sttings. above 4 or 6 i think. (severe head trauma) but if yer towon pullin or racin youll be in these settings anways so..

.go for it. buy a new one if ya can though. just my opinion on em. all trucks are different so ya might think contamnation ??????

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Old 12-06-2007, 01:28 AM   #69
smoken02

Name: smoken02
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
What do you meen the dash is turned off. like the gauges dont work?

R.I.P
02 Dodge QC/SB 4x4, Drag Comp,BD RAD, ARP studs, DDP HRVP44, HTT 62/71/14,SDX 200's,Killer B, Goerend trans,Billet input shaft, Billet Flexplate, AirdogII 200gph pump
13.16 @ 104mph 1/4 mile

Aaron

Old 12-06-2007, 06:26 AM   #70
Warpig

Name: Warpig
Title: 12V killer
Member`s Gallery
BD RAD wipes out the tach and temp gauges while the Rad is on.

11.40 @ 118

02 Jetta TDI

Old 12-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #71
Mudn_1

Name: Mudn_1
Title: Sweet Home
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehri
Now if you can keep your mouth shut,[boy], here is my ride,
2000 Ram 24v Cummins 2500 4x4, AFE Magnum air box, ATS, 3 pieces pulse manifold, Edge Comp(DRAG) Version, Banks Hi Ram intake, 4" SRAIGHT TO BACK, BD Super B turbo, BD Valve body, BD Pressurelok, BD X 100 Injectors, BD Banjo bolt upgrade, ATS Mega deep trans pan, pusher pump, gauges & a few things I care not to mention.

As for knowledge, just read it all over again,might get it this time!
Torque management 98.5-2000 doesn't exsist
well whoopdy dooo!!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #72
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef
Mine would not powerbrake before I got the tranny done. after that, I can destroy tires with the RAD on or off....
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Closed Thread