Relocate Rail Pressure Sensor

syrupdawg

GA Diesel Mafia
Im putting dual CP3's on my 2005. I ordered the fitting I needed from ATS to move the rail pressure sensor to the top pump. Im using a 5.9 cummins top pump and using the stock outlet on it to supply the rail so I need to know what port to on the top pump to move the rail pressure sensor to. Thank you for any help.

Any of the torx heads that look like the bottom half of the adapter when you remove it. There's a spring and a ball, don't let them go flying.

common%20rail.jpg

Code:
right about here ----------------------- ^^^^^^

Last edited:
Im putting dual CP3's on my 2005. I ordered the fitting I needed from ATS to move the rail pressure sensor to the top pump. Im using a 5.9 cummins top pump and using the stock outlet on it to supply the rail so I need to know what port to on the top pump to move the rail pressure sensor to. Thank you for any help.

Ats dual cp3 kits dont use cummins cp3's... They use dmax pumps... Unless you have custom bent fuel lines... Am i wrong????? I have that kit also..

Ats dual cp3 kits dont use cummins cp3's... They use dmax pumps... Unless you have custom bent fuel lines... Am i wrong????? I have that kit also..

I bent my own fuel line to make it work. I had a partial kit from pieces of a PPE kit.

Any of the torx heads that look like the bottom half of the adapter when you remove it. There's a spring and a ball, don't let them go flying.

common%20rail.jpg

Code:
right about here ----------------------- ^^^^^^

Thank you Brandon! I had found that somewhere else but I wanted confirmation on it.

I had never considered putting the rail sensor right in the pump, I may have to look into this, as right now we have this bulky T fitting thing.

I'll post some pictures in a few minutes on how I did it. I moved the stock feed port to the other location on the back of the pump and put the rail pressure sensor in the stock feed port. Then straightened out a stock line and bent it to go in the port on the rail where the sensor normally goes

I will tell you this make sure you got plenty of TFT on that rps, nothing like a high pressure leak under the hood.

this is where mine is..r/p sensors that have been taken out a number of times will leak..i finally got it to stop with a new rp sensor and new adapter
photo_zps6c5f159e.jpg
...and this thing is a nightmare
photo_zps82a6af79.jpg

Last edited:
I will tell you this make sure you got plenty of TFT on that rps, nothing like a high pressure leak under the hood.

Not to sure if you wanna use teflon tape at all..i forgot the name of the putty you can use... But if its done right, the 1st time with a new sensor and adapter, you shouldnt need it...

Not to sure if you wanna use teflon tape at all..i forgot the name of the putty you can use... But if its done right, the 1st time with a new sensor and adapter, you shouldnt need it...

teflon tape can get sucked through the fuel system and into your injectors. That'd be bad news.

Go to the Parker store and tell them you want some pipe dope.

Back