Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
BadBowtie03

Name: BadBowtie03
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Anyone had problems with Nathan at MPI? Getting worried... please help!

Hey guys, I ended up going with a compound turbo setup from Nathan at MPI turbos because of all the good I had heard about his setups... But now I am getting a little worried... I dropped 5,100 bucks last June and I still dont have my turbo kit. Its almost October!! I was understanding at first because he was talking about how he had sourcing problems and CAT was eating up some turbo parts he needed or something... Then he was saying how HTT sent him the wrong housing or something.. he said he got one for a 2nd gen and had to send it back... He said he has "been in and out of the shop a lot lately" ...

So what in the world?? I know people can run into problems here and there and I am a really understanding guy, but this has taken forever! He originally said it was going to be done in a bout 3 weeks. Not 3 1/2 months! So, whats the deal? Do I need to get a refund from him or what? What would yall do? Does anyone have any inside information?

I went with him because he had been doing these kits for a long time and I didnt want to deal with any issues but now I am really worried.....

Thanks a lot guys for the help!!

Old 09-29-2014, 12:43 AM   #2
Runninlean

Name: Runninlean
Title: Say When racing
Member`s Gallery
Not sure what to tell you on that one.

The dealings I have had with him in the past have all been great.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #3
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Call him, be to the point, don't beat around the bush or be bashful. Just tell him exactly what you want; the turbo by this date XX/XX/XXXX, or an immediate refund of your money.

That's what I'd do.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #4
stubz616

Name: stubz616
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
X2 with what CorneliusRox said
95 RCLB Farrell Diesel Stage 5 13mm pump,Hamilton Springs,Retainers,Pushrods,Fluidampr,Steed Speed,S467.7/soon to be S488 atmo,Full Billet Trans,DPC 4 disk TC,BD Pressure Loc,Haley Speed 5x.022s,Diesel Pros Custom Cam,O-Ringed,.010 over HG,A1000,Hellman sump,625 Studs, 30*

Old 09-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Like said on CF. If Nathan is saying parts availability is the issue, I believe him.
Doesn't help your frustration though, so if you need a refund, ask like said above.
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT

Old 09-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
BadBowtie03

Member`s Gallery
Thanks for yalls advice. I dont WANT a refund... I want the kit lol. Nathan has been really nice when I have talked to him. Its just been forever and I had been disappointed in how long its taken. This is the last thing I need for my 700 horse goal. I have my stroker cp3 sitting here too waiting to be put on with the kit and then the truck is done for now.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #7
Builtlngbd

Name: Builtlngbd
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Since the silence has been broken on MPI and NATHAN I will begin..... Over a year ago I called Nathan about building a twin setup for my 2006 dodge. We taled about all details and I decided to move foward wth it so I gave him 2,000$ upfront which he did not ask for but I wanted to go ahead and give him something to work with... So I paid him 2,000. Keep in mind I'm using my own turbos which are a GT55 ball bearing billet wheel and a billet 66. I bought my gt55 from forced inductions and they sent it directly to him. The 66 he said he did not need bc he had one he could use for mock up. Remember I'm buying a piping kit with lines and exc. manifold and waste gate. He said it would be about a month due to be backed up. Then assured me I would have it b4 Xmas of last year.... Well then he said he was having health issues and told him I understand no worries just keep me updated..months went by and no calls. So I called again... Said he wasn't ablenti work that much bc he could do heavy lifting due to his surgery and was waiting for the doctor to clear him but had started on my kit. So I said hey cool no big deal just keep me posted..I was calm very understanding and never complained one time... Well more months passed and still nothing I finally called and he became harder to get ahold of finally answered and said he had been on vacation but once he got back would be about 3 weeks. Well more months passed and I lost interest in my whole build. And sold the truck to a close friend of mine. Told him the situation with Nathan.. He began to call Nathan also and has been getting the same story as me. Until now he no longer answers his calls and has a full mailbox. IT HAS BEEN OVER A YEAR AND A HALF NOW AND STILL NOTHING!!!!! I had always been a huge MPI fan and bought a kit from him long ago for my Dmax with zero issues. This is beyond a ****ed up deal!!! If you can't do the kit then simply say so send the gt55 back and refund the money!!!!! THENATURAL is the new owner of this truck and had to go buy a gt55 himself bc Nathan just had tons of excuses and now will no longer answer the phone or call back to give any details!!!!!! I believe we have been patient Long enough. With no options the only thing we can think of is to report him to the BBB. This is not how you run a company and it really saddens me I see what was once a great company and build turn into such a shady company or person!!!! NATHAN IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE CALL ME 361-720-4519 this needs to be made right. I'm not going to yell and cuss you out I just want the gt55 sent to Ronnie and my 2000$ back. Please if anyone has any info let me know enough is enough. Not sure what else todo?? I'm sure THENATURAL will chime in also

2006 5.9 3rd place in DPC 2011

10.63 1/4

66/91,some big sticks,dual cp3's and the list goes on

Old 10-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
Builtlngbd

Member`s Gallery
I'm not one to post a rant but I don't know what else to do. I was very patient with him. And he was very nice every time we spoke I don't know what happened��

10.63 1/4

Old 10-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #9
BadBowtie03

Member`s Gallery
Holy crap!!! Thats a story and a half right there... Thankfully, I literally just got a shipping notification today. 3 packages and 156 lbs. So I hope I have my whole kit!

You definitely should get with him! I hope yours gets figured out.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #10
Builtlngbd

Member`s Gallery
Are you kidding me? Wow okay now I'm even more pissed. Your is shipping our kit is nothing. He has a 3400$ charger that belongs to THENATRUAL31 and my 2,000$. Won't anesee our calls at all

10.63 1/4

Old 10-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #11
CTDerek

Name: CTDerek
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Everyone understands he has the turbo and money, I know you are unhappy and upset but no need to keep rehashing original statements. Hopefully it gets straightened out.

Sent from

Old 10-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #12
Builtlngbd

Member`s Gallery
Sorry when you have 5400$ out For going on now close to 2 years and a truck that still doesn't run bc of it your going to rehash allot of things.

10.63 1/4

Old 10-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #13
CTDerek

Name: CTDerek
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Imo you let the situation go to long. I would have taken action sooner.

Sent from

Old 10-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
Builtlngbd

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDerek View Post
Imo you let the situation go to long. I would have taken action sooner.

Sent from
Yes I agree. I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt not ever thinking it would come to this. Plus we kept getting told it was getting worked on. Well like said b4 he then just disappeared. I know he was and has been sick so we were understanding but now realize we should have just asked for a refund...sucks that it's even came to this.

10.63 1/4

Old 10-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #15
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Builtlngbd View Post
Yes I agree. I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt not ever thinking it would come to this. Plus we kept getting told it was getting worked on. Well like said b4 he then just disappeared. I know he was and has been sick so we were understanding but now realize we should have just asked for a refund...sucks that it's even came to this.
I've had some stuff about 1.5-2 years back that I paid for with my Chase debit card and then I called Chase and they took care of it. Even in one situation where the company filed bankruptcy, but either Chase got the money back, or they just credited me the money for whatever reason.

I like to think of the Chase fraud team as a bunch of 1950's style Teamster Gangsters, heading to peoples houses in hats and jackets with bats, busting kneecaps until they get their money. Could be different, but they get results.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #16
Subman631

Name: Subman631
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Guys for what it's worth Nathan has been fighting serious health issues. Which I understand that his is finally getting control. Be patient, he is as honest is the day is long.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #17
Builtlngbd

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subman631 View Post
Guys for what it's worth Nathan has been fighting serious health issues. Which I understand that his is finally getting control. Be patient, he is as honest is the day is long.
Sent you a pm back. Yes sir I've always known him to be honest. Like I've said b4 a simple call saying it couldn't be done in a timely manner was all it would have taken and I would have gone a different route. I do wish him the very best but would also like to get the situation handled.

10.63 1/4

Closed Thread