Ol Red does 807hp Fuel Only - Monster VP

farmboysdiesel said:
Like anybody's gonna judge hp off a 7.3........ right. :hehe:

Like anybody with half a brain cell is going to judge hp of an unknown setup from an unknown dyno?:hehe:

It's called a "control" there Gussie!:poke: You test a proven quantity on an unproven instrument!:rules:

To further prove the point, there were other trucks there with setups that have been proven thousands of times to have 330 hp, and I mean within 1-2%, they did 400 hp:bang :kick:

Some people are realists though:poke: Comments from the people there:

The dyno sheet readout says dynocom on it.

I highly doubt my truck is doing 531hp, I figured 475-480, maybe a little more.

not sure how accurate the dyno was as i put down 400.3hp and 798tq with DP-tunes,fuel lift pump, intake,exhaust, and a 1.0 turbo housing? but the truck runs strong jacob!

Like Stokin_Hard said, his 330hp truck laid down 400.

Some more..........:hehe:

I know that my truck isn't making 531hp. As I've stated before, the dyno was definatly off.

nice but def seems like the dyno aint reading right, what were the corrected #s?

562/1109:hehe:

So let's see................

This same type dyno was at least 100 hp off from known Dynojet numbers........at 450 hp................

How far off is it at 800 hp??...........200 hp maybe???? :poke: :hehe:

:hehe: :hehe:

Last edited:
Who cares how much HP you make........Wade has already proven it only takes 630HP to run 11.0's to 10.9's.:bang

Hasn't Gus run in the 11.0 range? I guess his truck is underachieving.?:hehe: The video's that I have seen of Gus's truck posted on here don't lie....He is making some serious HP. Why can't people be happy for a guy taking a VP motor to it's limits????DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

LOL making HP on the dyno without ETs to back it up is like having a big johnson that goes limp when the camera starts rolling

sootman said:
Hasn't Gus run in the 11.0 range?

Um...............................:umno:

Translating a 1/8 mi pass to a "would have been" 1/4 mi pass is like me saying I'm going to be a millionaire because I got $10 in the bank now!!:bang :hehe:

Besides, he needs at least another 4-5 mph in the 1/8 to get anywhere near 11.0:poke:

The fact is the dyno numbers claimed are BS when it comes to an actual comparision to other Dynojet numbers out there.

sootman said:
Who cares how much HP you make........Wade has already proven it only takes 630HP to run 11.0's to 10.9's.:bang

Hasn't Gus run in the 11.0 range? I guess his truck is underachieving.?:hehe: The video's that I have seen of Gus's truck posted on here don't lie....He is making some serious HP. Why can't people be happy for a guy taking a VP motor to it's limits????DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks btw. I'll have some more videos after next weekend. I'm guessing they'll probably say I staged them or something. Pretty used to this by now.

I thought this was interesting. The following is the latest post from someone who dynoed on a DynoCom......

RockinJW said:
As not to mislead people to thinking that these dyno numbers are real. Could one of you moderators please rename the thread topic? To something like "How ridiculous dyno numbers can be" or "get your hopes up and dyno on dynocom"

:hehe:

Nice job Gus!!I have to let the credit card cool down a little from my 12 valve project then I will get with you on a stage 2 and set of nozzles.Have a great Thanksgiving

hey gus, did you have a chance to run it in the 1/4 yet? i am just anxious as to see what kind of times it put down.

That's diffently awesome news to here, when you gonna have some Nitrous on there so we can see numbers over 1000

Soup Nazi said:
There are about 20 trucks heading to a DynoCom dyno this morning for a local event. 10 or more of these guys have always used the local DynoJet. I cant wait to see the results between the two.

I hope the Monster VP is the next best thing. Just imagine a set of 7's or heck even 8's behind one. Nah, lets make some 10's and see what shakes out.

hmmmm 10's Now ya got me thinkin..... I think you'll be seeing somthing new leaving your place with my name on it soon Nazi

Soup Nazi said:
There are about 20 trucks heading to a DynoCom dyno this morning for a local event. 10 or more of these guys have always used the local DynoJet. I cant wait to see the results between the two.

sence this was posted on 11-17-2007, 08:07 AM . How many of these 20 trucks made it on the dyno to see the loss ???

sootman said:

Well to give the devil his due I would like to point out that Wade did sign up to dyno on Dunbar's rig up in Cecil county dragway, but there was a computer error so no dyno results for anyone =(

Whats the lead time on this? I have cash in hand january 1st. I want to slap it on before I leave for GE. I better take a sapre vp with me for sh!ts and giggles though :)

Back