Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
JFlagg

Name: JFlagg
Title: Gun for Hire
Member`s Gallery
What would it take?

I have a 2002 2500. Other than a different set of wheels, what would it take to convert it to a dually? I know the rear axle is a different width, is the dually rear wider or narrower? I know about the spacer between the wheels, but would I need a spacer anywhere else? Not sure if I will actually do it, but what would it take to do the job? Thanks

Old 12-09-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
GSM-01

Name: GSM-01
Title: Can turn wrenches
Member`s Gallery
I can see the support for this is strong to say the least.... Its going to take a bit of work on your end but it can be done. Your wheels are going bye bye though I'm sure there is someone that wants them. Theres other things but if you want to do it let me know. It would be another fun assignment!

Old 12-09-2007, 07:07 AM   #3
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
You'll need wheels and the front hub adaptors and at minimum the dually fenders. You can put them on your bed with some work. It might be easier to find a whole bed though.
As far as the rear axle, I'm not sure on a Dodge. If the srw axle is narrower you could always add a spacer inboard of both wheels to move the wheels out.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
gwhammy

Name: gwhammy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I saw a picture of dually wheels on a single axle truck somewhere on one of these sights. I was thinking they fit on the back but were tight.

Closed Thread