Compounds Thoughts

racedog98

Looking for input on Pushers compound set up. Using the factory HX35 over a 475. Has anyone used this set and if so , any pros or cons.

I don't know pusher but the 35/475 set has been used with success for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If goals are a fast street truck with low egt .. It's a Great combo .. I personally ran a similar setup .. Really fun to drive ..

In my experience HX35/S475 maxed out around 550 HP with a 12cm housing on the HX35. If you get a new 14 cm housing, it'll do 600+ but it becomes quite a but more laggy. I really liked the spool and HP potential of the He351cw based compound setup. If you're looking for a new turbo the 58mm K27 we use in our compound kit work excellent both for spoolup and power potential, but they sell for $995 or so whereas your stock HX35 is essentially free.

It's essentially the hot side of the smaller HX35 or WH1C that will limit your horsepower even if you have the s475 that could support the higher power right?

So what if you had a decent sized external Wastegate, would that give you the ability to hit higher HP goals?...

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. The truck that may get this is a 98 12valve ,5speed,4:10 gears, 33" tires, double disk clutch, 5X14 injectors, 4000 rpm springs. Head has been oringed, 60 lb springs and studs. Not a daily driver , play truck and some brush pulls.

I remember that combo as having some lag compared to the he351 twins. They did run decent when spooled. I would look for a 351 after running them they make a great cheap twin set.

Back