Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Audio, Video, Lighting
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 07:59 AM   #21
SPEEDSHIFT

Name: SPEEDSHIFT
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I put some cheap LED bulbs in my 04 and 03, they both work great. Way better than the HIDs I had before that cost 4x as much. No ballasts, no resistors, no warm-up time. Just plug them in and go. The ones in my 04 and 03 are about two years old with no signs if failure. They were $30-$40 for the set shipped off Amazon.

And you can get a 4500k or 5000k bulb if you dont like the blue tint of the 6000k like most.
2013 3500 4x4 Aisin Dually Tow Rig

Tenacity Tuning, Longs Machine Shop, BD Diesel Performance

Old 12-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #22
BigPapa

Name: BigPapa
Title: Truckless
Member`s Gallery
So, my son wants a set of LEDs for his ‘06 Mustang for Christmas. I’ve narrowed my choice down to the Katana 12,000lm/6500K or the Aukee 12,000lm/6000K. I’ve read something about flickering. Anyone have experience with either of these?

https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-120...omotive&sr=1-1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...FCIKRR19&psc=1

2003 Avalanche Z71

Common sense is like deodorant. The people that need it most never use it.

Last edited by BigPapa; 12-15-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:09 AM   #23
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
I have always run products from ddmtuning.com in my vehicles, for about 10 years now. ThatPreston turned me on to them. Reasonable prices and I've never had an issue in 7 vehicles. If you can fit them, I prefer LEDs to HIDs. In my Silverado I have 55w HID lows and 40w LED fogs. Even with projectors, they are blindingly bright.

Running HIDs or LEDs in a non projector housing is essentially useless from a drivers perspective. There is so much light scatter due to the design of the reflector that it doesn't do much to increase visibility from the drivers seat.
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Last edited by RascalMafia; 12-16-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:52 PM   #24
judgenice

Name: judgenice
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I still have my factory headlamp until now. What I only change is the bulb. Have this bulb Genuine Jeep Headlamp Bulb - l0000h13 | JeepsAreUs. For me, the light it emits is okay but I might change it since we will go camping 2 months from now.

Old 01-31-2020, 07:23 AM   #25
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 LED Headlight Bulb Review and Demo | Headlight Revolution - YouTube

I've been interested in these. Skip to the 7 minutes mark for beam pattern.
I don't care for the idea that the lamps have cooling components that can fail.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 01-31-2020, 09:15 AM   #26
bateman

Name: bateman
Member`s Gallery
I'm pretty impressed with Sylvania Silverstars in my "TYC"? sport style headlight housings. I bought a pair for the high beams and they are nice. I will be buying some for the low beam I believe.

I just can't bring myself to try an LED bulb in the reflective housing. I don't want to blind the sht out of anyone else on the road. Definitely interested in seeing some results that others have had with them though.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:40 AM   #27
BigPapa

Name: BigPapa
Title: Truckless
Member`s Gallery
The Sylvania’s are what I’m having such a problem with. I had another replaced under warranty again just last week. They last 4-6 months. I put some of the Philips in the daughters HHR and they’re over a year old.

Got my son some of the Katana LEDs from Amazon for Christmas for his Mustang. They seem to be pretty good. They do have a cooling fan and they work. You can feel the warm air off them. Make sure no wires will contact the fans when installed. The ones he got will turn when installed allowing you to fine tune the pattern. Pretty cool. I have yet to meet him on the road to see how they actually work coming at you, but the pattern has a sharp cut-off on low beam.

Speaking of blinding someone, I met a Toyota Tacoma the other DAY with a light bar mounted in the HOOD SCOOP. Blinding even during they day and there’s no way that thing could light the road up in front of the truck because of where it was located. Idiots....

2003 Avalanche Z71

Common sense is like deodorant. The people that need it most never use it.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #28
bateman

Name: bateman
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapa View Post
Speaking of blinding someone, I met a Toyota Tacoma the other DAY with a light bar mounted in the HOOD SCOOP. Blinding even during they day and there’s no way that thing could light the road up in front of the truck because of where it was located. Idiots....
It should be perfectly legal to run him off the road. I can't stand anything about the dumbazz light bars.

I guess I will see how long the Sylvanias last for me. I fully expected them to not last one year, but I will see how the warranty replacement goes when the time comes.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:51 PM   #29
madowen

Name: madowen
Member`s Gallery
I replaced my OEM with PIAA bulbs about 3 years ago and so far so good.

Old 03-13-2020, 01:58 AM   #30
judgenice

Name: judgenice
Member`s Gallery
Still using a factory headlight for years now Genuine Ford HID Projector Style Headlamps- Black - DL3Z13008DB DL3Z13008FB | Levittown Ford and still no issues

Closed Thread