Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Valair Clutch
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #21
kazairl

Name: kazairl
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24vriviera View Post
Read my post again,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24vriviera View Post
greasable doesn't have a long service life compared to their greasable counterparts.. But you can press a joint out and pack more grease into out if you want..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Your such a stupid phuckstick. So what part don't you believe, the fact I had the truck or the fact I didn't want a 1000hp street truck? What you should be questioning is the 250hp truck blowing u-joints in two. I've seen more trucks blow apart ring/pinions than joints. I don't know about you but I'd rather replace diff's than $10 u-joints.

If you like solid so much buy OX joints, sure they won't last a month with no lube but hey we can't have 250hp trucks shredding drivelines can we?
Any particular reason your trying your hardest to be an asshat?

A solid non-greasable U-joint will be stronger than a Greasable one. That is a fact. A solid piece of steel is going to be stronger than one with a hole in the middle. Is it really necessary? That is debatable.

Service life is a different matter all together. A greasable one will last longer if they get greased! Non-greasable ones usually have better seals and do a better job at keeping contaminants out. However, if stuff does get in them, It's not coming out. The greasable ones you can always pump more grease into to get water and junk out. However, If you never grease them, they they are not going to last as long as the non-greasable ones.

My

Edit: Thought I would add, Drivelines I prefer Greasable. I have not had any problems with them. Axle joints see a lot more torque and I prefer solid ones there.

Last edited by kazairl; 10-20-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:22 AM   #22
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazairl View Post

Any particular reason your trying your hardest to be an asshat?

A solid non-greasable U-joint will be stronger than a Greasable one. That is a fact. A solid piece of steel is going to be stronger than one with a hole in the middle. Is it really necessary? That is debatable.

Service life is a different matter all together. A greasable one will last longer if they get greased! Non-greasable ones usually have better seals and do a better job at keeping contaminants out. However, if stuff does get in them, It's not coming out. The greasable ones you can always pump more grease into to get water and junk out. However, If you never grease them, they they are not going to last as long as the non-greasable ones.

My

Edit: Thought I would add, Drivelines I prefer Greasable. I have not had any problems with them. Axle joints see a lot more torque and I prefer solid ones there.
Bottom line, it pisses people like you off. I LOVE to start arguments. I just laugh everytime I hear internet facts so I like to make people explain why they think they're true.

I don't give a damn if you use plastic joints, I just asked why someone would take the time to remove a driveshaft to replace a part and put the same junk part back in. I find it funny how people think they're street pickup truck is such an unbelievable torque monster that they are testing the limits of spicer engineering and the lack of that tiny grease passage is the only thing keeping the drive shaft in. Wait until they learn the driveshaft is hollow.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #23
JasonCzerak

Name: JasonCzerak
Member`s Gallery
FWIW. I put in greaseables at about 70,000 miles, along with ball joints. I greased them every oil change, I got the proof all over the bottom of my truck to prove it. heh.

Everything was solid and good until I put this stupid auto in. Now I got breaking drive line parts that never seen the sort of abuse the auto can dish out. A new Clunk, a new metal tweaking noise (thinking it's in the steering) and new vibrations (not good ones!)

These u-joints are 100,000 miles old now. I forgot the numbers (I think they are listed in this thread), but they are spicer u-joints and moog balljoints.

I'm ditching the grease gun this time around for 2 reasons. one, strength, 2, **** all that mess.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #24
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
I don't get greasable anymore either. Sealed are better to me...and I ain't got enough power to break one so that isn't the case either. The greasables are just a PITA.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #25
kazairl

Name: kazairl
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Bottom line, it pisses people like you off. I LOVE to start arguments. I just laugh everytime I hear internet facts so I like to make people explain why they think they're true.

I don't give a damn if you use plastic joints, I just asked why someone would take the time to remove a driveshaft to replace a part and put the same junk part back in. I find it funny how people think they're street pickup truck is such an unbelievable torque monster that they are testing the limits of spicer engineering and the lack of that tiny grease passage is the only thing keeping the drive shaft in. Wait until they learn the driveshaft is hollow.
As long as your happy. That's the most important thing.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #26
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazairl View Post
As long as your happy. That's the most important thing.

Closed Thread