Add another lemon

dont feel bad i am in the process of getting rid of my 08 for another 08 due to the fact they cant fix it. the dealership finally said we had enought and will buy it back. I hope my new truck will not have these same issues. Jr

Has the dealer told you that yours is the only one having these problems (lol).

Mines getting it's final tow to the dealer tomorrow.
As far the 08???
I was given an 08 Long Horn as a loaner for 2 weeks and I got the CEL to come on in 2 days. I wish you the best but I have given up on the 6.7. I need a work truck that can show up for work every day so I replaced it with an 05.
The new trick is the current "upgrade" that I personally believe is pushing excess fuel to force a burn in the DPF. Mileage after the update dropped by almost half. I used to fill the tank once a week and now burn half a tank in a day. They can have it and they can keep it!!!

When it runs, it's a great truck. Kudos go to the new 6 speed automatic. My business cannot run when my vehicle is always being towed or in the shop. And no, I am not going to spend $700.00 to void the warranty with a DPF delete kit on a truck less than a year old.*bdh*

Has the dealer told you that yours is the only one having these problems (lol).

Mines getting it's final tow to the dealer tomorrow.
As far the 08???
I was given an 08 Long Horn as a loaner for 2 weeks and I got the CEL to come on in 2 days. I wish you the best but I have given up on the 6.7. I need a work truck that can show up for work every day so I replaced it with an 05.
The new trick is the current "upgrade" that I personally believe is pushing excess fuel to force a burn in the DPF. Mileage after the update dropped by almost half. I used to fill the tank once a week and now burn half a tank in a day. They can have it and they can keep it!!!

When it runs, it's a great truck. Kudos go to the new 6 speed automatic. My business cannot run when my vehicle is always being towed or in the shop. And no, I am not going to spend $700.00 to void the warranty with a DPF delete kit on a truck less than a year old.*bdh*

what flash do you have?

I have had the turbo changed, it will not hold boost, the exhaust brake will not hold (it makes the truck hop almost off the ground. it got me pulled over)
the fule rail will not hold the fule pressure, the EGR system doesnt work rights , the DPF will not light up and clean it self 156 codes. new cluch fly wheel at 5,000.12 sets of o2 plugs thats all i cant think of right now

HighOutput: I don't know which flash. It was brand new in the beginning of July. I had the guys from Dodge and Cummins there to see the vehicle at the time. It has been in the shop 6 times for the same problems.

hogrunning: I have gone through at least 2 turbos (brand new one right now). At least 3 dpfs and an unknown number of egrs. The computer would tell me the truck was going into regen after it was showing signs of trouble (ie the truck lost all power). The computer would tell me 70% clogged, 80%.......up to 100% all in the space of about 30 seconds. They have replaced my exhaust system, catalytic converter and I even have some shiny new parts that I can't even identify??? Until they can get it right, I will drive 05 until the seat rusts through the floor.

I lied because I didn't get a chance to call the tow. It is currently sitting in the road waiting to be taken away. Both sets of keys are in vehicle because I don't plan to see it again. Will it get stolen??? No! The whole neighborhood knows it's a POS.

Last edited:
my truck said that it tryed to go in to regen 379 times an the truck only burned clean 11/2 times in 18,800 miles. So it lookes like im getting a 08 with a auto tran. im kinda worrid about that auto. I tow 6 days a week so im hopping it will hold up.

I've heard of guys having issues with all the emissions trucks here and there. As always the guys with issues speak louder than the guys that don't have them.

Mine has given codes but I have found the more you tow the less codes you get but I agree that it is no good for short trips you will have problems if this engine is not working all the time and burning lots of fuel. The hypertech programmer is helping the mileage a little only time will tell just how much it will improve I hope a lot!

The guys that don't have emission problems have either used a dpf delete or have no reason to complain.

I have been driving dodge for 15 years and have never before my 07.5 seen a cel. Maybe I have been lucky in the past but.............with all the time my truck has been in the shop (collectively it has been more than 6 weeks) I can say without a doubt that the vehicle I was sold is a POS.

Won't keep me from driving a Dodge, just keep me from driving this Dodge.

I am also willing to bet that having a problem with the stock 6.7 is not the exception but the rule!

Its a whole new territory. Remember the Fords shooting fire out the exhaust? It may take them some time, but they will get it under control...all the brands that is.

honestly i haven't heard of any major problems like these with the 6.4 and the dmax... only problems on teh 6.4 i've heard of is that flash for the exhaust flame, and fuel mileage problems.... did ford do something right the first time?!?!?!?! never!!

Back