Nitrous Express controller, NOS Launcher or Ny-Trex?

UDP

Custom Diesel Performance
***I want opinions from people ACTUALLY running various progressive systems.***

I'm starting with nothing and I only want to buy one product, which is better and why? Is there anything that one can do better than the other or are they pretty much the same thing?

I'm looking at doing two stages probably one bottle per stage with -6 feed lines to the solenoids. From there, I'm not really sure... Never really messed with the juice personally.

I will be running 400/200's, an S468 with 1.10 housing (can be externally gated), and a Spearco 6.0 Intercooler. Where is the best placement of the jets? pre-turbo? Pre-intercooler? Post-intercooler? I'm running a set of Beans intake plenums, so kinda hard to modify them for spray bars I think.

Opinions?

I have the nitrous express nxd 4000. I havn't used it yet but I went with it for a few reasons. Nitrous express is a forum sponsor, I've had really good customer service from them, they have a ton of cool add on's like automatic bottle openers and billet bottle brackets, last Nitrous Express's quality is awesome. From the billet valves to the solenoids and hardware I think they are a superior product. Like I said I've never ran the others but we've got a NOS kit at the shop and the IMHO the NX kit is a lot nicer. Hope that helps.

The kit I have only comes with one 15# bottle but it's got everything else you want.

You want the jets as far away from the head as possible, so the nitrous can mix with the air nicely and not get one or two hot cylinders. In my opinion...

As for pre/post turbo. I have no experience with pre turbo injection.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I guess I'm a little concerned with running a progressive controller because I've heard that it can be hard on the solenoids and they may need to be rebuilt more frequently. I have to agree that the NX stuff looks to be some of the highest quality out there. I am just trying to be as educated as possible before we pull the trigger.

I've got the same NX kit the little6cylinder has. I agree, their quality and customer service are top notch. Unfortunately I haven't gotten a chance to run it either, I'm still working on getting some maps built for the controller. But I would recommend this kit as well, and if you wanted to run it with 2 bottles all you would need is one more bottle and an extra -6 feed line. Their new controller lets you program different variables for each solenoid and bring them in progressively. Boost, timing, rpm, etc.

We have been running the NOS launcher for a couple seasons now, it is a good idea to keep a few extra solenoids around as they do wear faster with the progressive.

I have not used the NX, or the Ny-Trex so I cannot compare them. The NOS launcher with the screen works well for us.

***I want opinions from people ACTUALLY running various progressive systems.***

I'm starting with nothing and I only want to buy one product, which is better and why? Is there anything that one can do better than the other or are they pretty much the same thing?

I'm looking at doing two stages probably one bottle per stage with -6 feed lines to the solenoids. From there, I'm not really sure... Never really messed with the juice personally.

I will be running 400/200's, an S468 with 1.10 housing (can be externally gated), and a Spearco 6.0 Intercooler. Where is the best placement of the jets? pre-turbo? Pre-intercooler? Post-intercooler? I'm running a set of Beans intake plenums, so kinda hard to modify them for spray bars I think.

Opinions?

Using the nitrous launcher for a couple years. Awesome piece. Load nitrous tunes on the fly without a laptop in the staging lanes. Usually use the controller just for ramping and delays. I change pills to run full bore so the solenoids last longer.

I helped to design the NXD 4000 and did the prototype testing on the Dr Performance truck and Project X diesel. I feel at this point is the best out there. I have helped hundreds of people work out that system to make it work extremely well . NX used to direct 5 to 10 calls a week directly to my cell phone .

on that note I don ‘t mind helping anyone that needs it it.
I am helping on a new and simpler system with the things I have learned, and what I wanted on the NXD 4000. This system is a month or so out , and will be done by RPM performance .

Back