92 w250 questions

leftcoast12v

I grabbed this 92 w250 5 speed and have a few questions.
-I am trying to determine a replacement fuel filter for this aftermarket setup. I recall seeing something like this on Tdr many years ago, but was unable to find it. I am not even sure what this style is called frankly.
-Second question, I believe it has centurion seats on the interior. Was this a aftermarket aimed at these trucks?
-Third question, what is a good pressure to run the kelderman air ride at? I am currently running 12f, 15r. I have been playing around with it.
-Fourth question is, I am wanting to keep the engine bay stock ish appearing. Who has a solid t3 manifold with the heater hose brace/stud. I have a few steeds and a stainless, but I am really wanting to keep an old style look.
Its slow as hell, but that is perfect for me. I plan on using it to tow my old ranger boat. Manifold and turbo upgrade is all i am going to throw at it. Any other upgrades I should do?

The story on getting this truck is I bought it off a gentlemen who passed aways daughter, The original owner was Dick Freeman. This had to be his baby as i was given service records since new, oil analysis, extra amsoil and other odds and ins. The truck has been to 30 states pulling a fifth wheel. I am a sap for these stories. I realistically over paid for the truck. 15k, but I have seen less and less of these 1 owner rigs.

Attachments

• image0 (12).jpg
    image0 (12).jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image2 (9).jpg
    image2 (9).jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image3 (6).jpg
    image3 (6).jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image5 (1).jpg
    image5 (1).jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image4 (3).jpg
    image4 (3).jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 0
If it's rust free, $15k is a pretty good price from what I've seen them going for around here.

Filter appears to be an older Racor unit. You might try contacting them or one of their dealers to see if they can identify it.

Filter appears to be an older Racor unit. You might try contacting them or one of their dealers to see if they can identify it.
That's what I saw yesterday when I looked but I could never find a match. It looks like one of the stacked units with the upper modules removed.

Anyone worth their salt at fleet pride or truck pro should be able to match the filter.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Everyone above is correct. Some racor unit. I have been sending emails to sales and other trying to identify it. I made the age old mistake of not checking the rib count on my new alternator. The oem was 7, new was 6. Replaced new pulley with old unit and its good to go. I am now trying to decide what vehicle to sell. 3 second gens, one third gen and one first gen is just one to many.
The price is not outrageous, however more than i wanted to pay. The daughter of the original owner i purchased it from had a heart of gold. I couldnt low ball her and not feel guilty.
Radiator just started leaking. I am debating being sloppy and jb welding it. i ordered a cheap ebay spare, but the inner sloppy mechanic is saying patch it..
Truck drives pretty solid. I think for shits and giggles i am going to throw the truck on my associates 224x. He is guessing 133whp. I forget how much slower these are than a stock VP truck or cr.

Everyone above is correct. Some racor unit. I have been sending emails to sales and other trying to identify it. I made the age old mistake of not checking the rib count on my new alternator. The oem was 7, new was 6. Replaced new pulley with old unit and its good to go. I am now trying to decide what vehicle to sell. 3 second gens, one third gen and one first gen is just one to many.
The price is not outrageous, however more than i wanted to pay. The daughter of the original owner i purchased it from had a heart of gold. I couldnt low ball her and not feel guilty.
Radiator just started leaking. I am debating being sloppy and jb welding it. i ordered a cheap ebay spare, but the inner sloppy mechanic is saying patch it..
Truck drives pretty solid. I think for shits and giggles i am going to throw the truck on my associates 224x. He is guessing 133whp. I forget how much slower these are than a stock VP truck or cr.
Radiator repair facilities regularly use epoxy to repair otherwise usable cores.
The CAT dealer I worked for had a brand they preferred, I could probably reach out and find out what they use.

I managed to go through dick freemans service history better. I have to give him credit on keeping notes since it was new. I ended up seeing "DAHL" filter. A quick google search led me to what I have. Baldwin filter 100-w30 fuel/water separator. Replacement elements are sub $20 so I am stoked. My next journey I am beginning is buying a centrifuge to clean oil. One of the businesses I manage is a quick lube. I am going to start running wmo in this old pig. All this political nonsense has me nervous on fuel shortages in california. Perhaps it is good i still have two 12v street trucks left in my hoard :lolly:

Attachments

• image0 (13).jpg
    image0 (13).jpg
    340 KB · Views: 0
Aren't they cooking on a mileage cap per year for antiques?

Aren't they cooking on a mileage cap per year for antiques?

TN says this on Antique Plates, but I see folks every day driving to work with their Antique Plates.

The vehicle must be over twenty-five (25) years old and with a non-modified engine and body and can only be used for general transportation on Saturdays, Sundays, and federal
holidays.

Yep Alabama is the same I think. No one checking that shit and cops straight up don’t know law much past writing a traffic ticket anyways.

all my old piles are standard registration. both trucks are over $300 for registration every year.. sometimes i wonder why i am still in this state. It is hard to beat the scenery. Getting taxed to death is not a plus.. the money is decent though
I could not tell you what laws our governor is cooking, its hard to keep up. If mileage caps are made i will just unplug the speed sensors

Ironically, this old 1g has been my most reliable vehicle as of yet. With 160 crank horsepower going downhill I have yet to break anything.
I have been successful in running wmo cut with rug as well. I guess keeping a dinosaur around is still a good idea.

Nice old truck there

That's a Dahl fuel filter.
Here's the replacement element.
https://ph.baldwinfilters.com/baldwin/en/product/baldwin-dahl-fuel-filter-series/101-baldwin
I remember those aftermarket seats too. Guys bought those because the trucks rode really rough. As far as the air springs 2-3 psi would be fine not loaded, and it does soften the ride a good bit on those old spine crunchers. You'd have to be the judge of what PSI to run depending on load and such.

Last edited:
Yep, i found the replacement elements. It took me a day of googling and finally using my brain and going through all the records i was provided. Those stock height 4x 1gs are straight up tractors. Thanks Snedge! That filter system seems to do a hell of a job as well. I currently have the gear box that has wallered holes in the frame bracket. So i just purchased this new adapter. I really do not want to throw crossover steering on it. So this will hopefully do!
1972-1993 Dodge Truck and Ramcharger Steering Box Mount Plate | eBay

Yep, i found the replacement elements. It took me a day of googling and finally using my brain and going through all the records i was provided. Those stock height 4x 1gs are straight up tractors. Thanks Snedge! That filter system seems to do a hell of a job as well. I currently have the gear box that has wallered holes in the frame bracket. So i just purchased this new adapter. I really do not want to throw crossover steering on it. So this will hopefully do!

Yeah, I read the complete thread after answering your question, I'm dumb like that. Good luck with the old girl, they ride like tractors, but they sure as shit don't build them like that anymore.

Back