Can someone run and IP on an email addy?

4x4dually

Can anyone tell me where this is coming from?

Steven Edwards [edwardsstevenj.edwards1@gmail.com]
Steven Edwards
5209 Lebanon Church Rd
Clarendon,NC 28432

Maybe by sending them a message and tracing it? I'm not that computer smart. I think he's trying to scam me on the truck.

I love detective work. I am not a professional, but I know a guy. Let me know if you need it.

Anytime i read an email thats in response to a classifieds ad, and it starts with "im interested in what you're selling" i run away. A serious legit buyer would say "im interested in the TRUCK you are selling"

Atleast you don't have a guy trying to trade you a 1500 dollar flat bottom boat for a 13,000 dollar harley. LOL

Anytime i read an email thats in response to a classifieds ad, and it starts with "im interested in what you're selling" i run away. A serious legit buyer would say "im interested in the TRUCK you are selling"

A friend of mine is selling a car on Craigslist and he just got an email that started "is the item for sale". Its nice that most scammers are borderline retarded.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Listed my dump truck. Got this.

Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buy it now as a gift for my Son,I am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my Job.....phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want it to be a surprise for my son i wont let him know anything about it until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with it. I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it,Get back to me with your paypal email and the price so i can proceed with the payment quickly or you sign-up for a paypal personal account Send Money, Pay Online or Set Up a Merchant Account - PayPal it is very fast and easy to set up. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick it up after i have made the payments.

I took Phil's advise. LOL

I got the same think... supposed man deployed yada yada and wanted to do paypal for the fourwheeler and would do shipping... I just didnt reply.

Anytime and I mean ANYTIME someone responds to an ad on Craigslist all you have to do is look for two things. These two things will tell you if the person is a scammer or not.

#1) Proper spelling
#2) Proper grammar

If the email include both #1 and #2, run away!

Seriously. What literate person is going to buy a diesel truck with a smoker stack? LOL

Listed my dump truck. Got this.

Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buy it now as a gift for my Son,I am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my Job.....phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want it to be a surprise for my son i wont let him know anything about it until it gets delivered to him, i am sure he will be more than happy with it. I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it,Get back to me with your paypal email and the price so i can proceed with the payment quickly or you sign-up for a paypal personal account Send Money, Pay Online or Set Up a Merchant Account - PayPal it is very fast and easy to set up. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick it up after i have made the payments.

I took Phil's advise. LOL

set up another paypal address, have him pay it, pull the money out of the account. Then let him pick it up.

I see what you did there!

Gonna repost this pic

mousetrap.jpg

:hehe:

I have started asking people to confirm the deal or ask to verify they are interested and their location. I usually never hear back from scammers, so I don't waste my time. It sucks dealing with those people.

Back