Truckers, lets see your rigs!

777D bypassing I75 in Southern Ky. They turned to run across ky92 to Williamsburg. I'm not sure they made it, there's an iron bridge half way across that would shave coal and log trucks two or three times a week when I was a kid.
b3480e8ce11d755dd687f00b0c96c1db.jpg
4721aff6cdf9c3fe91f1155de938c9ec.jpg
0b51bf939559c724d047321e78150951.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Looking at what is advertised as a 08 389. Build date is 05/07 though. Has a C15 that has been converted to a single turbo.(I know)… Anyways, owner says the guy before him had the conversion done by an outfit out in Kansas somewhere. Anybody heard of a place out there doing it? Or is it just a crap shoot. Owner now is an older guy that doesn't seem to know much about the whole dpf, accert twins, emissions stuff anyways. Truck is pretty clean and priced right though.

Looking at what is advertised as a 08 389. Build date is 05/07 though. Has a C15 that has been converted to a single turbo.(I know)… Anyways, owner says the guy before him had the conversion done by an outfit out in Kansas somewhere. Anybody heard of a place out there doing it? Or is it just a crap shoot. Owner now is an older guy that doesn't seem to know much about the whole dpf, accert twins, emissions stuff anyways. Truck is pretty clean and priced right though.

Can almost guarantee it will be lazy but can probably be somewhat fixed. If it’s clean I wouldn’t be scared of it.

I love when people spend thousands to lose performance, guy probably thought it was going to be amazing with a single. Did probably 5-6 MXS’s for a guy because he insisted they would be better. He finally admitted it was a complete waste of money.

Can almost guarantee it will be lazy but can probably be somewhat fixed. If it’s clean I wouldn’t be scared of it.

I love when people spend thousands to lose performance, guy probably thought it was going to be amazing with a single. Did probably 5-6 MXS’s for a guy because he insisted they would be better. He finally admitted it was a complete waste of money.

Im keeping it in mind, something in my gut just seems off about it though. Hopefully looking at a couple W9's this weekend yet.

I was talking to a guy a week ago that was saying how he has 5 acerts that they have singled and it was the best thing ever, fixed ALL the problems lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was talking to a guy a week ago that was saying how he has 5 acerts that they have singled and it was the best thing ever, fixed ALL the problems lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lol the issue is most guys have the ECM tuned when they do the conversion and they think the turbo is what made the difference. :umno:

Hey jfaulk a couple pages back you've got a picture of your engine with the valve covers and various other parts where they look polished/chromed. Could you share some info about that? I'd imagine it's powder coating and I'd like to do some of my pieces like that but can never find any info about it.

Random question, stumbled upon a Facebook post of drive tires for a semi, and got to wondering why nobody runs a more aggressive tire on dedicated pullers. Is it just that they move to much dirt, creating more drag than what the add in traction?
5f023d18c189864ff4b2d676408dfac3.jpg
79dc2b4271f90fdb3e6c64a858ab95e3.jpg
ab727f1add1236c0d443a162f3157f10.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It’s about the number of biting edges, the gripper and winter deep are two on the most popular tread patterns, they have small tread blocks that grab the track but don’t move a lot of dirt.

It’s about the number of biting edges, the gripper and winter deep are two on the most popular tread patterns, they have small tread blocks that grab the track but don’t move a lot of dirt.
Ok, kinda what I was thinking, a bunch of small bites better than a few big bites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hey jfaulk a couple pages back you've got a picture of your engine with the valve covers and various other parts where they look polished/chromed. Could you share some info about that? I'd imagine it's powder coating and I'd like to do some of my pieces like that but can never find any info about it.

He probly got em at WalMart, where the rest of kw parts come from

Everything that is yellow that would take the heat is powder coated (water pump, oil cooler etc is just spray paint), turbos are polished ceramic. Peanut cover, valve covers, serpentine bracket, rocker housing and some water and fuel lines I had chromed. Local shops did all the parts.

c1733da164b36b571615658f2069cf27.jpg

3cb8ba56194646d453669a8c700463f1.jpg

e4a52be3e145385dc9f03d724c1121df.jpg

This is the only part I’m not sure I would do again. The fuel/coolant block is fine but I had the lines done too and it made them hard to install and get to seal. Have to use aerobic sealer on the AN fittings because chrome won’t seal to chrome.
1975254d39e1890acd2ad6430ceb463b.jpg

Everything that is yellow that would take the heat is powder coated (water pump, oil cooler etc is just spray paint), turbos are polished ceramic. Peanut cover, valve covers, serpentine bracket, rocker housing and some water and fuel lines I had chromed. Local shops did all the parts.

c1733da164b36b571615658f2069cf27.jpg

3cb8ba56194646d453669a8c700463f1.jpg

e4a52be3e145385dc9f03d724c1121df.jpg

This is the only part I’m not sure I would do again. The fuel/coolant block is fine but I had the lines done too and it made them hard to install and get to seal. Have to use aerobic sealer on the AN fittings because chrome won’t seal to chrome.
1975254d39e1890acd2ad6430ceb463b.jpg

I wish I could find a shop local to me to do this. I mention ceramic coat to any of them the instantly say no.

Back