Need advice

95longbed

I have a 95 dodge eclb we use for occasional pulling. I'm not sure what we should do next.

Here's what's done as of now....ARP head studs, cometic head gasket, 60lbs valve springs, pac brake 4k gov spring, AFC mods, Mack rack plug. Ground plate (#10 style) BD 300hp pump, 024's, II 80hp injectors. Aurora 4000 non gated, 4" downpipe to 5" exhaust/stack. aFe exhaust manifold, ATS arc flow intake, tork ofv. 95gph fass, ATS built trans./ Trans copilot.
Adj. Timing gear set to 18, thinking of going to 22.

I'm thinking of sending the injectors back to industrial and having them turned into their 120hp injectors. It makes 50 psi at around 3000rpm at the end of the track, smoke is not clearing up but isn't super dark either.

Last edited:
I'm looking to get more out of it. It runs good but I'd like to keep up with (or at least get closer to) some of the Duramax trucks we pull with (usually street class/work stock depending on rules). I'm not sure if it needs more fuel, I know the stock 3.54 gears are killing it, but that's a job for winter. Any ideas or problems you guys see with our setup let me know.

Do you daily drive it at all? Id go with 25*, 5x.016s, and the Fass150. Should be making plenty of power after that.

Not daily driven. I'm not too worried about street manners, I can adjust everything back after pulling season. With the current setup I had it set pretty clean, just wasn't getting the job done when we pull.

Does anyone know what size the 120hp industrial injectors are? I've got less then 500 miles on the 80hp's that I have and I can send them back and get larger nozzles for a pretty decent price.

That fass 150 off the duramax won't keep your p pump happy pressure wise.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

Will the 5x014" still clean up for street use with my turbo? And how are they at idle? These ii 80hp haze pretty good (which I didn't expect from a smaller name brand injector.) For the money I think I'll switch to the 5x014.

Will the 5x014" still clean up for street use with my turbo? And how are they at idle? These ii 80hp haze pretty good (which I didn't expect from a smaller name brand injector.) For the money I think I'll switch to the 5x014.

There is no reason for 80hp injectors to haze at idle. They sound like overpriced marine 370s to me.

I think those are SAC injectors (?), they will haze more at idle due to the fuel left in the void below the needle.

Back