Cruise control on 01 Ppump

sledslayer525

What's up guys I've been tossing up the idea of doing a Ppump swap, but I have been told that later 01 trucks like mine with electronic cruise control, the cruise light will come on but I will not work. Is there any truth to this, if so how do I fix it, convert to vacuum assist cruise, really don't want to sacrifice loosing my cruise, thanks for any info

Im in the process of doing a ppump swap on my 01 auto. i think as long as you use your stock apps bell crank assembly you will still have cruise. When i get it done I will let you know, but in the mean time im sure there is a thread out there that explains what years/trans can still use cruise. i actually think i came across one the other day in the ppump swap section.

Cruise will work fine in the auto in any year, but the manual 01.5 and 02's won't. You can tell if your 01 is a 01.5 by checking if it has rear disc brakes.

Smokinrebel,
Remove your air box, go to the 3rd plug on the pcm (the one closest to the engine) and find the black with white tracer wire, cut that wire and then go drive and use your cruise. That is the neutral safety switch wire. The reason why your cruise wont work is the computer thinks the truck is still in park. While doing this just make sure you cut the wire far enough away from the plug just incase it doesnt work for your truck and you have to re splice the wire.

Got mine working. I broke the spring in the apps and hooked it back up but just left it dangling, set the apps to 25% and it works great.

For cruise to work truck has to have vacuum cruise. I think all disc brake trucks are electronic and wont work. Just wire up a 12v tps or your 24v apps and get a cruise cable from a 12v truck its shorter cable if using 12v tps if using your apps your oem cable should work. And should Work fine. My early 01 drum brakes was flawless.

My 01.5 was vac cruise and I retained it on my swap. Just had to hook the cable back up. The 6spds are electric cruise.

Buy Crazy Carls p pump 24v apps bracket will let you retain factory apps and bell crank and allow all 24v cables to remain in place.

I thought he stopped making that bracket. Could be wrong though.

I pooped today!!!!!

I haven't swapped to a p-pump, but have swapped to an auto from manual (electronic cruise). the only thing I can tell thats different is the ecm no longer sees MPH. If I can get it to read then I think i can get it working.

I haven't swapped to a p-pump, but have swapped to an auto from manual (electronic cruise). the only thing I can tell thats different is the ecm no longer sees MPH. If I can get it to read then I think i can get it working.

Same once you ppump it. Codes on my ECM say speed sensor is out. I have an 01 electronic cruise and use crazy carls apps bracket, still no cruise because of that

IIRC the first design only allowed for factory fuel inlet fitting banjo style etc, I had to modify it to work with my -8an 90* but was easy mod. New bracket allows for any fuel inlet configuration I believe.

Correct! We also upgraded the linkage to full heims and all hardware (including the link rod) is stainless. ;)

Back