how are you liking your silverstars and harness

yamaman

Hey everyone I figured I would ask everyone who has the silverstars and the upgraded harness how you are liking them? I am thinking of doing this but have a few q's first. Looking at dfusers site it says it doesn't work with daytime running lights. why not? and also just to double check the heads on an 06 F-350 are the 9008's and the fogs are 9005's right? Thank everyone.

i dont have the harness but i have silverstars in my heads and fogs and i like them. have had them for nearly two years and they have been good. other drivers dont like them much tho. :hehe:

Garrett

Ive ran the silverstars in my 2000,2002 and 2004. I switch to Luks with the relays because I wanted a blueish look....Now Im stepping it up to HID's for next year.....Its the only way to go

If you're just buying the Silverstar bulbs, I don't think you need a harness. Do you? I've been running Silverstars in my truck for about 6 months, no harness, and no issues. Its an 05.

And FWIW, the Silverstars are a huge improvement over stock. The top dog is obviously HID's, but I haven't found a kit that I like yet.

--Snake

well I will have to go out and pick up a set of bulbs for my truck I guess I hate driving at night its so boring so the more I can light up the road the better thanks everyone

silverstars vs HID

I tried the Silverstars in my 07' F-350 and it wasn't enough. So I got a set of 6000k HID's in my heads, but did have to splice and solder the harness, no such thing as plug and play. I also installed 3 rectangular KC's in the area on the front bumper where the oem fogs are using a new bracket set-up from KC designed especially for the Super Duty's. And have installed 3 130watt KC Hi-lighter bulbs in each light. Now if I need to see just flip a switch and it's daylight, what a difference... Good Luck on your search....Steve

F350-CAMPER said:
I tried the Silverstars in my 07' F-350 and it wasn't enough. So I got a set of 6000k HID's in my heads, but did have to splice and solder the harness, no such thing as plug and play. I also installed 3 rectangular KC's in the area on the front bumper where the oem fogs are using a new bracket set-up from KC designed especially for the Super Duty's. And have installed 3 130watt KC Hi-lighter bulbs in each light. Now if I need to see just flip a switch and it's daylight, what a difference... Good Luck on your search....Steve

got picks of your KC light setup?? Thanks

Hey man I found the brackets on KC's website looks killer. Did you have to buy 3 brackets to mount 3 lights? My understanding is 1 bracket per light. Thanks

You have my attention too on the KC's and also the silverstars. I want HID's but I think being lifted.......well I think it will get me pulled over. With my luck it would be coming home from dinner and having a few beers on my breath. Thats my fear!

What is the upgraded harness? What does that allow you to do that the stock one does not?

it lets ore voltage flow to the bulbs then in turn making your bulbs brighter. I think lol. Pretty sure it works something like that

KC Set-up

I appologize, the webmaster has had my password and profiles messed up for a few days. At KC you order 1 kit that has 2 brackets that mount up right where your OEM fogs are bolted on. Then you go to Home Depot and get a flat steel bar and mount it between the 2 KC bars and drill a hole in the middle of that bar for the 3rd light. I'm currently running 6000k HID's in my heads.And have wired the KC light relay to my high beam leads at the headlights, So i get the low current from the OEM harness to the the relays (3) for the driving lights, and the other side of my relays are wired directly to the battery for the high current needed for the driving lights, I just have to pull my headlight switch out and the KC's light up the world. And I have yet to find a plug and play harness on HID's that just plug in. I cut my OEM plugs off and soldered the low current side of my HID balast to the OEM harness, and again the high current side of the balast directly to the battery. Hope this helps. Will get a picture this weekend and get it posted. Good Luck ...Steve P.S. Snake,,,,, it's Steve from the Winghouse GTG. White F350 you voted for.........SEE YA......

Go to kchilights.com

Go here and look under accessories and brackets. Theres even a picture of a truck with a set of lights installed. I set has 2 brackets, and read above for mod for the 3rd light.....Steve

Back