Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > User Feedback and Suggestions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

User Feedback and Suggestions A forum for feedback and suggestions to improve the site.

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #21
Fahlin Racing

Name: Fahlin Racing
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Good point hughes.

Perhaps looking at each class, continuing from Wes' idea, what fuel would be used to cover all classes? Would the stockers use pump? Would the hot engines use performance fuels ? Would it be either way for each class?

Old 09-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #22
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
What made the original idea behind Engine masters was the simplicity....in every thread I have seen on this idea, is has been grossly over complicated.

If you want to do something new (even if it is a copy of something else) you must keep it simple. Otherwise no one really wants to play.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #23
cumminsman315

Name: cumminsman315
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHughes View Post
I would think that if there was a competition engine class (where the top shops would shine) and a street engine class, they would still put something together for each.

Competition Class- single turbo one year, multiple turbos the next. Unlimited RPM + water/methanol, maybe nitrous another year. Filled/billet blocks, aftermarket heads...anything goes.

Street Class- single turbo one year, multiple turbos the next. 4k RPM limit, no water, no nitrous (no injectables). Must use production castings...keep it sensible.

Just like Engine Masters, change it up every year...outlined above could be at least four years of challenges.
I agree, but unsure how unlimited rpm would be scoreable, if it was scored like engine masters as long as you pulled another 1k rpm over the next guy you'd beat him in points even if you made considerably less power

Old 09-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #24
SHughes

Member`s Gallery
Well that's the point. RPM is a part of competition, if you can't spin it fast enough to keep up, then you lose.

You may not get that extra three feet or three thousands needed to win.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #25
Fahlin Racing

Member`s Gallery
So pump fuel for starters then?

Old 09-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #26
SHughes

Member`s Gallery
It would be the Diesel Engine Master Challenge right? Not the JP-8 Engine Masters Challenge or the Shell Racing Fuel (I don't know what they call that stuff)...

Old 09-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #27
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Pump fuel and a CI limit, maybe a boost psi limit.

other than that i would leav it alone or you wont have anyone show up...

Old 09-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #28
Fahlin Racing

Member`s Gallery
Yes Hughes, if one were to want to Sponsor the event the title would go about accordingly you could say. Other than that I would suggest a basic title along those lines for those that were to set up the event with no sponsors etc. If it were to get larger I am sure there will be big nationally known brands such as the ones in the Engine Masters Challenge or Jegs (I think) engine challenge. Popular Hot Rodding does the Engine Masters. Why not have Diesel Power Mag give it a whack again or any other diesel mag. However exposure with whomever would need to be where most will see it and how its presented, if its seeming like only big shops can compete that will not entertain smaller shops with curiosity let along a guy or gal and their friends trying to give it a shot. If its presented in a way that welcomes ANYONE and EVERYONE that will give ANYONE a chance to run for number 1 you will not only see people trying to fill the spots but you will have people asking to watch.

The base idea for guidelines, Diesel Power put straight & simple. Not just wild but stockers can run this way as well.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
cumminsman315

Name: cumminsman315
Member`s Gallery
I think the "main" sponsors for engine masters are popular hot rodding and amsoil currently

Closed Thread