Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > User Feedback and Suggestions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

User Feedback and Suggestions A forum for feedback and suggestions to improve the site.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
Fahlin Racing

Name: Fahlin Racing
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
?diesel engine masters?

For any of you who follow Engine Master's, I havent bought one of their issues for quite a while, thinking about a thread I am currently involved in gave me an idea.

For all you big shops as well as you little guys, all makes, I post this idea for the diesel community not just to see who has the best ideas in engine building to put power the the flywheel or torque converter, but to show what can be done big diesel, small diesel power.

This idea won't just be a fun thing for the builders but it may be an achievement for some who just would like to enter and see what they can do, it just may explode the diesel engine aftermarket parts world and bring prices down on parts let alone further push performance innovation for both stock and race or pull specific engines. So if you like the idea I suggest pass it on!!!

If you can't shake hands with an opponent, male or female, and tell them good job you obviously CAN'T handle motorsports competition (thats just me). I hope this idea takes shape.

Anyone who may enter and build, and succeed no matter the placement you never know who will contact you for a job offer......

Old 09-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
Fahlin Racing

Member`s Gallery
I should mention, whomever, if this were to happen will have the rulebook written by neutral position personel.

No bias period.
No BS.
V8 class
I-4 class
I-6 class
For the guys and gals who want to beat other configurations, have a mixed class!

Old 09-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
I'd be game, but there needs to be rules that allow anyone to compete. Like stock heads and spec size turbo. along those lines.

that way your not catering to all the Big shops. and the dyno hook up should be identicle to save time, and power production wont be so high that relibility causes time delays and saftey issue's

Old 09-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
crackerman

Name: crackerman
Member`s Gallery
The real deal engine masters has a displacement limit, that's about it . Spec turbo for each displacement class. Number 2 only, no spray or water.
Ought to be entertaining.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
I used to follow it like a religion. But life got in the way and I lost track. This idea has been tossed around here before.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #6
Craig_C

Name: Craig_C
Title: Resident Smartass
Member`s Gallery
Id love to get into something like this but life and money would prevent it!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
GreenMeanie5.9

Name: GreenMeanie5.9
Title: Poop Naked
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahlin Racing View Post
For any of you who follow Engine Master's, I havent bought one of their issues for quite a while, thinking about a thread I am currently involved in gave me an idea.

For all you big shops as well as you little guys, all makes, I post this idea for the diesel community not just to see who has the best ideas in engine building to put power the the flywheel or torque converter, but to show what can be done big diesel, small diesel power.

This idea won't just be a fun thing for the builders but it may be an achievement for some who just would like to enter and see what they can do, it just may explode the diesel engine aftermarket parts world and bring prices down on parts let alone further push performance innovation for )both stock and race or pull specific engines. So if you like the idea I suggest pass it on!!!

If you can't shake hands with an opponent, male or female, and tell them good job you obviously CAN'T handle motorsports competition (thats just me). I hope this idea takes shape.

Anyone who may enter and build, and succeed no matter the placement you never know who will contact you for a job offer......

Super cool idea. Subscribed!!!!!

Special thanks to my sponsors,
Lucas Oil Products, Corbeau Racing Seats, Air Dog, Zeigler Diesel Performance, Titus Transmissions, Danville Performance.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
cumminsman315

Name: cumminsman315
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerman View Post
The real deal engine masters has a displacement limit, that's about it . Spec turbo for each displacement class. Number 2 only, no spray or water.
The real deal engine master is not ci limited per say, this year is anything over 400ci. We happened to just make 4 pulls on own engine masters motor today. Looking decent so far with 2 more cams, 3 intakes, and a few more parts to swap out and test.

Engine masters is all HP per CI. Each year they pick a different rpm range, this year being 3k to 7k. They switch up the rules every year. This year they have no extreme class which we normally compete in (dry sumps and more unlimited parts/styles) Can run EFI or carb, being limited on throttle body or throttle bore. They limit oil pans, lifters, rockers, heads you name it. This year is more towards production style and commercially available. As a constant they always supply oil and fuel. You get 27min to make all the pulls and changes you want, only top 3 pulls count. Top 6 winners are tore down for legal confirmation. Any contestant can protest another competitor for a small fee. And a great payout with contingency for winners.

To do it for diesels I would say a big CI and small CI class and/or break up by turbo inducer size. Limit type of rocker, lifter, head, oil pan, oiling system, intercooled/ non intercooled..... on and on.

I think it would be awesome to get set up and be a part of. It would definitely take some planning and probably a year or two to get everyone involved.

Last edited by cumminsman315; 09-16-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #9
JQmile

Name: JQmile
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
We thought about it for Diesel Power mag a while back...we even made logos for it. Idea kind of fizzled out as a lot of big shops didn't want to go head to head, but I still think it's a good idea.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #10
matty169

Name: matty169
Member`s Gallery
I think they would join.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQmile View Post
We thought about it for Diesel Power mag a while back...we even made logos for it. Idea kind of fizzled out as a lot of big shops didn't want to go head to head, but I still think it's a good idea.
I think that the big shops would get on board if they see this happen and suddenly the small shops who took the risk to get exposure were suddenly taking work from the big shops. They(the big shops) would almost have to to save face, I would think.

I think its a cool idea, NOT that what I think means much.................

Last edited by matty169; 09-17-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
seeker1056

Name: seeker1056
Title: gear head
Member`s Gallery
I'd be interested in doin a run what ya brung, factory block, factory head, anything goes single turbo deal

91 F-350, custom built 12v 2.8 cummins,

Headin north of 7

Colt Cams, H&H OffRoad, Arties Transmissions
Toms Contracting, AFP Towing, Logix, Linwood Homes
M&C Hydraulics
Custom Engine by C&C Engines

Old 09-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #12
Fahlin Racing

Member`s Gallery
Anything, of course the overall view of the torque curve, BSFC, VE etc etc. Not just the big boys but like I said the little guys as well as the weekend hobby builder for their self or if they help friends.

If I had the funds, I would give it a shot.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #13
DirtyMaxx03

Name: DirtyMaxx03
Member`s Gallery
Will there be a CR and a Mechanical class?

Old 09-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #14
cumminsman315

Name: cumminsman315
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahlin Racing View Post
Anything, of course the overall view of the torque curve, BSFC, VE etc etc. Not just the big boys but like I said the little guys as well as the weekend hobby builder for their self or if they help friends.

If I had the funds, I would give it a shot.
Screw BSFC and VE I'd do it just like engine masters, HP and TQ per CI per 100rpm through the rpm range set by the event

Old 09-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #15
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerman View Post
Take water out and it would be a guarantee that no big engines show up.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #16
Fahlin Racing

Member`s Gallery
JQ mentioned they tried it, I wonder how they set the classes up or however it was portioned. Mechanical or common. I would beleve both should be included but maybe offered in seperate as well as the mixed classes so guys can go head to head against other configurations.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:14 AM   #17
Fahlin Racing

Member`s Gallery
So if someone were to build an engine that needed water, if they wanted to compete against other guys I think they would adapt to the regs. If were to, I wouldn't build anything hot enough to use a water injection system. Its not a factor of huge power, its a matter of consistant growing over the entire engine rpm range.

Perhaps classify engines in the same class manner but have a seperate side of points for water injected for those who are running them? Still a good idea in thought was run what ya brung that Seeker thought of?

Old 09-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
I hear ya but if you want the big boys to come play, you're talking pullers mostly, and all those engines are set up for water....so you take it away and all those guys will be like "meh, why bother."

Old 09-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #19
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
I would think that if there was a competition engine class (where the top shops would shine) and a street engine class, they would still put something together for each.

Competition Class- single turbo one year, multiple turbos the next. Unlimited RPM + water/methanol, maybe nitrous another year. Filled/billet blocks, aftermarket heads...anything goes.

Street Class- single turbo one year, multiple turbos the next. 4k RPM limit, no water, no nitrous (no injectables). Must use production castings...keep it sensible.

Just like Engine Masters, change it up every year...outlined above could be at least four years of challenges.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #20
Wes Lewis

Name: Wes Lewis
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
What about limiting the fuel?

class 1: is xx gallons per hour
class 2: is xxx gallons per hour
class 3: is unlimited

Then whoever makes the most average torque or power in a certain rpm range. That way the more efficient engines would be on top.

Just a thought

Closed Thread