What year 4th gen would i want?

I will never use def fluid, never. its kind of a stickler issue for me. I have a big problem with the EPA telling me what to inject into a vehicle that i own. .

Do you make your own fuel? Pretty sure the EPA has their hands in what goes into the diesel fuel...

I'd say 13 and up I have a 13 and 15, both tuned and deleted. One pulls a 40' gooseneck quite often, both of these trucks have tuned 68re's. one at 135K and the other at 85K never had a problem with either. My pull truck is a manual incase anyone wants to call out the clutch guy for the autos. lol

Last edited:
I'd say 13 and up I have a 13 and 15, both tuned and deleted. One pulls a 40' gooseneck quite often, both of these trucks have tuned 68re's. one at 135K and the other at 85K never had a problem with either. My pull truck is a manual incase anyone wants to call out the clutch guy for the autos. lol

With age, shifting gears every day might not be as ideal. :poke:

I don't know. You don't need to, but it would bug me to have it just along for the ride.
Gotcha. Just wondered if it got in the way of anything in particular or was just one more piece of junk to take off these trucks and glare at before you dumpster it:hehe:.

That is literally all I was thinking about while reading this LOL

"Wait? wtf? They offer G56 options in those trucks clutch man"

2013+ you get the new dash, and the throttle response is a lot better (even after a light tune) due to the fact that they had SCR. The down side is you pretty much need a hack saw or to lift the body to remove the DEF tank.

Having removed several of these tanks I have never heard of needing a hack saw or lifting the body. It sits on its own crossmember. 4 bolts, 1 harness connector, the vent and fill quick connect lines, and the injector line. Fiat basically designed it to fall out.

Back