Supercharged Cummins

I did but the rotors started to flex above 55psi, so I changed it up a bit.
Its set-up now feeding a 366.

Got any more pics? Maybe a closer more detailed shot? I like the piece you made that feeds the supercharger, looks really trick.

X2 on the pics. Also Do you have a picture of the whole setup with the supercharger removed? I'd like to see how the mounting bracket looks.

Did you change to a bigger whipple now when its work as a primary? Which is the best setup, the SC as promary or secomdary?
//nilsson

I am still interested in dyno/track numbers for one of these setups. I have been wanting to do a supercharger on my short box for quite some time but I have never seen much other than driving around videos from the superchargers.

I am not pointing fingers at all, this includes other kits like EDP's procharger kit as well.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more results and builds.

The dyno wont show much but a much flatter curve as the power comes in right off idle. The amount of peak power is still made by the turbo(s).

I'm trying to figure out how it's plumbed so let me know if I got it:

The turbo is still on the exhuast manifold, it gets its air from the filter, compresses it, then sends it into the whipple, it gets compressed again, then goes through the intercooler into the engine?

Like this:

whippleCompoundRouting.jpg

Carl has set it up both ways I think. Maybe you were looking at one of his older sets.

You've had more different setups than anyone. Twins, triples, now blown turbo. What's the comparison of all these setups? Which do you like best?

It really depends what they need to do. Twins are simple but lack luster. Triples are complicated but give the best over-all performance. The SC/turbo has awesome throttle response and is just plain cool.

I'm doing a mock-up next week for a twin SC compound turbo ford. Should yield the best of everything but pretty complex and expensive.

I am still interested in dyno/track numbers for one of these setups. I have been wanting to do a supercharger on my short box for quite some time but I have never seen much other than driving around videos from the superchargers.

I am not pointing fingers at all, this includes other kits like EDP's procharger kit as well.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to more results and builds.

The dyno wont show much but a much flatter curve as the power comes in right off idle. The amount of peak power is still made by the turbo(s).

I haven't dynoed mine but that's what I would expect also. I've got a Procharged 6.0. Tows like a dream. Quickest fuel only was 12.5 but it had serious injector issues (I spent $3000 having them "rebuilt" after :doh: ) as well as some other issues. I'm expecting some low 12's or high 11's on fuel when it comes back.

I'll get it right, so this is the ideal routing:

whippleCompoundRouting-1.jpg

Also, if I were to score a m90, what would be a good turbo to go with it, one thats not $2000 plus.

Why couldn't I use my stock turbo? too much heat?

Back