Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 7.3 Powerstroke
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

7.3 Powerstroke 99-03 Powerstroke Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:09 AM   #21
Blue01F250

Name: Blue01F250
Title: Boomer Sooner!
Member`s Gallery
hrmm, I heard/read they were about $200 from ford, but have never checked for myself..... (and the CMP/CPS are the same thing )

Old 05-07-2008, 12:53 AM   #22
HuckleBerry

Name: HuckleBerry
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
i changed the CMP and still nothing so i found a reman PCM to day and order it ran $350 + the core should be there in about 5-7 days in the mean while i'm going to replace the o-ring on the HPOP kit that came in to day does any body now any directions or pics or that would help because my chilton manual sucks
for this repair......thanks

Old 05-07-2008, 11:12 PM   #23
HuckleBerry

Member`s Gallery
i don't have the new PCM in yet but i started the truck just to see and it idled fine till i turned it off and turned on a couple of times didn't drive it stomp on the pedal a couple of times and a new check engine light came on i scanned it and it had two new DTC's a P1210 and a P1211 my question is can a bad PCM cause these DTC's truck has no chips or never been programmed.....if any body has any input i would really appreciate it....thanks

Old 05-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #24
HuckleBerry

Member`s Gallery
got the new PCM and installed it truck starts idles fine till it warms up then just dies like some one just turned off the key...no DTC's as of yet i checked the oil level in the res and it's about 1" from the top of the res..didn't do pressure test on the fuel pump but the filter bowl is full.any body have any input i would really apperiate it thanks

Old 05-13-2008, 10:33 PM   #25
Blue01F250

Member`s Gallery
sorry bud - I've been outta pocket for several days...

Old 05-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #26
Blue01F250

Member`s Gallery
well dang - I tried to edit, bt it woudln't let me...

P1211 Injector control pressure higher or lower than normal

sveral things can cause , p1211 , low fuel pressure , bad oil quality , and ipr problem can sometimes , maybe split o-ring on ipr, just have to sart eliminating

---------------

Below is what it means direct from the ford service manual.

DTC P1210 indicates ICP signal voltage was greater than expected during KOEO On-Demand Self Test.

Possible causes:

-- biased ICP sensor

-- open ICP signal return

-- signal circuit shorted to power

-- damaged PCM

l Disconnect ICP sensor harness connector.

l Measure resistance between signal return Circuit 359 (GY/R) Pin A and ground.

l Is resistance less than 5 ohms?

Those are what I found on other sites -- have you unplgged your IPR and ran with it that way? if you have no problems while its unplugged, it may be that sensor by what the codes are suggesting

Old 05-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #27
HuckleBerry

Member`s Gallery
hey thanks blue01f250 i'm going to try those thing when i get home tonight..
could the batteries cause some what of the problem..i got one battery with a load on it it's 9.9 volts and the other one is about 10.3 volts with a load on it...
do the ipr only go bad if their's any oil leaking from them or can they just go bad ...apperiate it. i all ready saved $$$$ just from all you guy's help...

Old 05-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #28
HuckleBerry

Member`s Gallery
i'm home tested IPC 1.5 ohms, unplugged IPR valve nothing.. i cranked the engine over 5-8 minutes the truck started idle fine till it warmed up about halfway on the gauge like normal driving temp truck just shut off again..i crowed up on top of the engine just to see..i seen oil in the valley again i know it's new because i cleaned up the valley after changing the lines and o-rings. it look like it coming out of
under neath the hpop it self is there a o-ring or a seal under neath could that being the problem.. it was idling about 15-20 minutes and there's about a 1 or 2
ounces of fresh oil in the valley

Old 05-15-2008, 12:12 AM   #29
Blue01F250

Member`s Gallery
i know there are HPOP o-rings that go bad and leak oil - but unfortunately this is getting into more than I know about... i'm still learning also and trying to follow the clues you post up as to what your issues may be... but I'm affraid I'm going to have to defer to someone more knowledgable...

Old 08-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #30
mr2berry

Name: mr2berry
Title: Here and There
Member`s Gallery
My friend is having the same oil issue as Bobus, and neither he nor I know what the "HPOP" is. Still learning about this whole diesel thing, damn i'm a noob.

Closed Thread