New Ride

wannabecummins

Baloney Tugboat
Picked it up yesterday. 91 GMC ccsb. 92 12v with A518. Leather seats out of a ford. 6" lift 3" body. Sitting on 35's with 20's. Without overdrive averaged 17.8mpg at 70mph on the way home. More pics to follow.
a2d421d2.jpg

1cc823a7.jpg

I dont know you but I dont like you... JK
Very nice piece. Engine bay pics? Plans?

pretty cool ride.. hopefully you loose some of the lift to match tire size better.. and the side steps.. but thats must my opinion..

pretty cool ride.. hopefully you loose some of the lift to match tire size better.. and the side steps.. but thats must my opinion..

I have a few things in mind for it. I don't know if I can take the body lift out bwcause of clearance issues, but I will look ino that. If that is the case I plan on going with a much taller tire, maybe 38's ? The steps are another matter. Some people like them some don't, I'm still on the fence about them. I need something to get into the truck, we'll see what I figure out. They will be coming off as the rockers are going to be boxlinered ( surface rust) and I'll make a desicion then if they are going back on

I dont know you but I dont like you... JK
Very nice piece. Engine bay pics? Plans?

Plans include going through it and fixing the electrical (typical), clean up the minor rust spots on the body. Clean up the engine and fix leaks. Then I'm gonna look at some mods (turbo, injectors, pump mods, etc). Find a 47rh for it. Basically just go through the truck and finish it the way I want it too be. This is my dream truck that I've always wanted to build. It's a great baseline to finish it how I want.

Sweet ride man. I'm looking for a '73-'91 GM crew cab 4x4 for myself to convert to short bed and throw a cummins in. Gotta wait till I'm done here in Afghanistan first.

I really don't like you but that's a DAMN good lookin squarebody!LOL

I would love to have one like that but with an 8' bed! :rockwoot:

I have a 79 Custom Delux 20 I will be sticking a 12V in one day when we get around to restoring it.

Back