Cordless impact opinions/differences

I have the matco 1/2 inch lith ion 18 volt. Battery sucks not very powerful ****ty warranty..... my vote is snappy or the milwakee

On the fuels I have been hearing motor failures in them. Thats honestly the brand I was looking at first due to expandability.

Honestly I own a ton of Snapon tools but I have yet to be fond of their cordless tools. Milwaukee out performs them almost everywhere.

On the fuels I have been hearing motor failures in them. Thats honestly the brand I was looking at first due to expandability.

Honestly I own a ton of Snapon tools but I have yet to be fond of their cordless tools. Milwaukee out performs them almost everywhere.

I will agree with this. Buts its easier to put a Snap-On Impact on the account versus paying $xxx.xx up front on a Milwaukee. LOL

True but why not just save up for a week. I can wait for it if it means getting a better product.

Just depends on the deal or promotion. I usually wont just randomly buy one unless its a good deal. If you watch the promotions you can pick up a decent deal from Snap-On sometimes.

I have an ingersoll-rand 1/2" 18v (I think) lithium. Love it, only paid ~$530

I've read that that one is supposed to be the strongest one out there!!!

With my truck, we are installing the ARB front locker soon along with the dual compressor pump and tank and they say it will run air tools so I may be able to run an air impact with the truck, so I may not need a cordless one afterall...

I just picked up the promotion going on with snap on where it comes with the swivel impacts. Seems to blow my 1/2 Dewalt 18v out of the water.

Have a 3/8 14.4 snap on and a new 18v lithium 1/2. Love them both. My vote goes snap on. But ive also never used milwaukee.

Its the 20v IR cordless that is rated for 1100 nut busting but so is the milwaukee fuel. Maybe I need to tell my Snapon guy tomorrow my thoughts and see if I can borrow one. Then I can run to my local fleet store and grab a milwaukee fuel for some testing. I'm pretty sure both will let me for a week.

I have the Snap on 18V, the IR 20v, and the Milwaukee Fuel M18's

The IR might have a bit more muscle than the other two, but the battery is a little better on the Milwaukee. The snap on is a snap on...high priced, but good...I bought it cheap when a guy needed money. Same with the IR.

Buy whichever you have more tools to use the batteries for.
Chris

My fastenal distributor had a milwaukee fuel 3/4 drive that suposedley had 700ft lb. Anybody used one yet? That being said I have pretty much have all the snap-on cordless line, and am very satisfied with everything but the new cordless ratchets.

Last edited:
I've got a snap on 1/2 inch 18v last years model and like it, I also have this years model of 3/8th 18v and I love it. Little pricey at 600 bucks though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No love for the dewalt stuff eh. I'm starting to think after reading this I should of done more research before spending a bunch of money going to 20v dewalt stuff. I don't need these tools daily witch is why I didn't spring for the Milwaukee. Kinda wish I did now.

I have the Snap on 18V, the IR 20v, and the Milwaukee Fuel M18's

The IR might have a bit more muscle than the other two, but the battery is a little better on the Milwaukee. The snap on is a snap on...high priced, but good...I bought it cheap when a guy needed money. Same with the IR.

Buy whichever you have more tools to use the batteries for.
Chris

Thank you Chris. Since you have hands on with all 3 I'm looking at which one would you buy if they were all the same price.

I do have the m12 line I use for smaller stuff and have been eyeing up the fuels big time. They just have so many tools and honestly they have had the same battery for a long time. Another plus.

On the dewalt stuff. I haven't been a fan of them for a long time. They just don't seem to be up to par but thats just my opinion.

If you have other Milwaukee Stuff, I'd say that. If you don't then buy the IR. The Snap-On is good, but you are paying extra for a name and a warranty that is only as good as your dealer.

I'm happy with all 3, but at the same time I don't pay retail for any more tools than I have too...I am not ashamed to say I let people who like buying new things, then can't afford to pay for them, take the big hit for me.

Chris

Mac 20v $600 bucks, never used one of the IR or Milwaukee, but its got way more balls then the snap on ones.

Also uses the Dewalt 20v batteries so you could get all dewalt stuff and use the same batteries.

Last edited:
I don't have a Mac guy LOL

But does that mean dewalt makes macs tools?

600 is a ton for a cordless impact. IR is 460 and Milwaukee Fuels are 425ish. 150 can get me a cordless grease gun without batteries.

Last edited:
Back